01-04 GSXR 1000 Clutch Mod/Fix - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

DIY A how to section for the members, by the members!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 01-04 GSXR 1000 Clutch Mod/Fix

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
D-Hole
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
CF Addict
D-Hole's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
D-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to beholdD-Hole is a splendid one to behold
Default 01-04 GSXR 1000 Clutch Mod/Fix

For all the K1-K4 owners I have now found the cheap clutch fix.
Normally with high rpm drag style launches the clutch judders and usually engages to early and doesnt allow the rider to slip the clutch all the way to the end of the clutch lever travel.

Grab one of these from your local Kawasaki dealer.

13089-0003
plate - clutch
(from a 2004 ZX10R)

(ronayers.com has them for $7.47US)
http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts....ing=13089-0003

I just installed this new clutch cushion where the 1st steel was originally (towards the inside of the engine) and discarded the original suzuki wave washer & seat. so it went:
FIBRE, NEW STEEL(13089),FIBRE,STEEL,FIBRE,STEEL ETC,

The clutch now performs 100%. I recommend this mod to anyone considering buying a Brock Davidson Clutch Cushion and this is much cheaper and probably does the same job!

Keep an eye on the clutch stack height too. Factory specs are 1.885"-1.890" (47.88mm-48.06mm)
The new judder plate measures 3.8mm thick fully compressed, the factory steels are 2.3mm so the plate will give a bit more in the stack height.
My clutch is a bit worn I ended up with 48.6mm total with the new zx10 steel in there.

D-Hole is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY