Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Beginning of project: Daytona 675

89K views 236 replies 58 participants last post by  RatFighter 
#1 ·
Every project has to start somewhere. And the Daytona is now underway. I really had it in mind to finish Kwak Attack first, but since downloading the TuneECU program on my laptop...I can't keep my grubby little paws off the Daytona. :thumbsup:

I deleted the secondary air injection, exhaust canister, o2 sensor and servo motor for the exhaust valve. The valve is still there(just kept 100% open), until I get a new collector and exhaust. Gonna be a low mount of some sort...... :rock:

Just have to say...with the exhaust valve mod, She sounds much better with a slightly more menacing growl. :excellent:

SEE! CRAP!!!

Now I don't wannna put the fairings back on it.

Not even gonna make a to-do list right now, cause I know its gonna be long.

First thing to do is tidy up the wiring and tuck some fuses and relays underneath the tank.

That's all for now....

See less See more
#2 ·
DW today with a homebrew fender eliminator.
before: Yeah the tag is upside down. Notice the top....er bottom. the one corner is broken off and the other cracked. I almost lost the tag while riding. I pulled up to a stop sign and something told me to check the back of the bike. The one corner had broken and was hanging on by the other damaged corner. YIKES!!! the quick fix: The holes in the bottom of the tag were good, so upside down she went. Been like that for about a year now:D
Time for a change

profile shot

Man this bike is easy to take apart

The triumph tool kit. That's all you get folks. 5mm allen wrench and a flat/phillips screwdriver.

profile after

My buddy's dog lookin sad

#4 ·
there, I high 5'd yah!!

good work on the tail tidy. what are your plans for the front?

#6 ·
I was considering modding the stock cowl, so I could keep the look of the headlights. similar to this, but not sure.

Probably going to use these for lights. Was going to use them on Kwak, but not anymore. They're fog lights from a Bombardier DS650 Baja X

I will eventually replace the lights with something more suited for night driving, keeping the shroud.

And that Z1000 exhaust in the pic is getting chopped up. Gonna remove the underseat exhaust and go with a lowboy made from one of the Z1000 cans. like this, but shorter

Wasn't sure about whether I want to polished or powdercoated accents(triples,rims, rearsets) Since Kwak is gonna be ratbike, I'm leaning towards polishing for the Daytona. That and it'll be something I can do vs. having to PAY someone to powdercoat.

#10 ·
Damn dat bitch got some big titties hanging off her front! Whats up man!

Reactions: DecepticonDon
#12 ·
HAHAHAHAHA

just kidding. I just wanted to get a few pics before selling all the fairings, brackets and headlights.

is this considered an open container?

how she sits now

#14 ·
Just checked the open container law. Looks like I'm in the clear
O.C.G.A. § 40-6-253
(2) "Open alcoholic beverage container" means any bottle, can, or other receptacle that:

(A) Contains any amount of alcoholic beverage; and
(B)(i) Is open or has a broken seal; or

(ii) The contents of which are partially removed. A bottle of wine that has been resealed pursuant to Code Section 3-6-4 shall not constitute an open alcoholic beverage container for purposes of this Code section.

#17 ·
The only time that would be an open container, is when you wheelie that bitch up and it spews hot coolant on your leg! You could put a headlight on there nice and tight to the front end. If you get something narrow you could mount it to the intake runners on the front of the frame.

#24 ·
Thanks Robbo. I really dig the lights 'cause the :wtf: factor is off the chart. :shocker:
Want to move them higher and need to fab a guage bracket

went for a ride today.
I will say that the windblast at 150 without a fairing is a visceral, cathartic experience. Feels like a totally different bike now. :rock:

#26 ·
D-n-W
So the other day I was riding and one of my headlights began to droop. The cheap L bracket used for to hold the lights on vibrated 'til it broke :doh:

Since I had to take them off, figured I'd clean em and paint 'em
Self etching primer

painted, black of course

This is how I want to mount them, together and higher than they were before

now I have to fab a bracket for these and the guages.

#30 ·
Looking good man, except for those headlights! I know how it is, wanting to keep that intake port open (I'm trying to lose the stock headlight mount on my Street Trip to get some more air flowing in) but those headlights are fucked up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.