Bastard Child Hybrid Build - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Bastard Child Hybrid Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #91
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:42 PM
Flip Offs: 240
Flipped Off 84 Times in 31 Posts
SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: Bastard Child Hybrid Build

Quick update. I got home last night after class and there was a big ass box on my porch from Canada. Only one thing it could be.

The Buell X1 tail showed up from endo. I started messing around with it and threw it up on the frame for a quick mock up. When it's all done, the whole subframe will sit about 1" lower (sitting on top of old subframe in the picture) and the tip of the tail will be inline with the top line of the tank cover.

That tail looks so good on there IMHO. It's going to take quite a bit of work to get the seat to match the tank though. I'm going to see if and how much Toc would charge to do it once I get the subframe mounted up where I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Lone Sabre" Build - 84 Sabre (Sold)
"Bastard Child Hybrid" Build - XS / FZR
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
SabreV45 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SabreV45!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #92
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Funny how that X1 tail often looks better on other bikes than it does on the X1 itself.
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Phoebe!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #93
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!

Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 156
Flipped Off 68 Times in 59 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I never did like that tail but I guess it's just me. I think it looks too large/thick.

2014 Build-off project: GSXR 600 Mutt (don't post in this one)
2014 Build-off discussion: GSXR 600 Mutt
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
The Following 2 Users Say F-U to Racing Geek For This Post:
CK 187 (11-30-2010), SabreV45 (11-30-2010)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #94
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Mike. I have always loved Buell tails with this one near the top of the list. I think it looks great with a FZR frame too. Just wish I had the aluminum FZR frame and swingarm to match it, don't have the money though.

Quote:
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
This user High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #95
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 563
Flipped Off 444 Times in 149 Posts
CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

that tail would look great on an FZR1000.......

oh wait. Zracer already did that and it makes my pants tight everytime i see it.

SUCK IT
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #96
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

I've seen zracer's pictures, that was one of the things that made me really want this tail for my build.

Quote:
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #97
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Flip Offs: 452
Flipped Off 202 Times in 139 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
I never did like that tail but I guess it's just me. I think it looks too large/thick.
sorry guys but i gotta agree. its a nice tail but its just not me either.

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #98
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
sorry guys but i gotta agree. its a nice tail but its just not me either.
Good thing it's not your bike then, eh? I like the tail, it's exactly how I wanted it to look on the bike. It's staying.

Quote:
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #99
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Flip Offs: 452
Flipped Off 202 Times in 139 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

yeh go for it man, your choice an' all

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived n0regret5!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #100
chg380
Gear Head
chg380's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 251
Flipped Off 105 Times in 39 Posts
chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chg380 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Wouldn't be fun if all our bikes were exactly the same, huh?

Keep the fight alive, Free AFF
chg380 is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived chg380!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes