Bastard Child Hybrid Build - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Bastard Child Hybrid Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
Lt Numb Nuts
GURU
CF Lover
Local Time: 09:58 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 9 Times in 6 Posts
Lt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bastard Child Hybrid Build

Cant wait!
Lt Numb Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Lt Numb Nuts!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #12
redline
fighter'n the good fight
CF Addict
redline's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 AM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
redline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really niceredline is really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckinduc View Post
IM doing something very similar. Its just an aluminum yamaha frame, same motor though.
wtf? wheres the thread for that.

nice project btw. ill be watching this one

gsxr build:http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=10799

If you have to ask you don't understand.
If you want it built right you got to build it your self.
No Apologies
redline is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived redline!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-13-2010, 03:59 AM   #13
Hamalmac
Moody Bastard

Fighterer
Hamalmac's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:58 AM
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 39 Times in 6 Posts
Hamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to allHamalmac is a name known to all

It's great to see some "out of the box" ideas. Over here, and Europe in general, streetfighters seem to follow a certain style, but you guys across the pond are doing some good shit. This is just one of the many reasons this site ROCKS!!

Hamalmac is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Hamalmac!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #14
busterbog
SRAD MAD
CF Addict
busterbog's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 8 Times in 2 Posts
busterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to behold

Interesting project, sure be one to watch.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
busterbog is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived busterbog!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #15
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 240
Flipped Off 84 Times in 31 Posts
SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Had a little bit of time to work between school and work today. Was able to get the engine down to the camshaft. Don't have any time right now to take it down any further, but it's a pretty decent start for only working on it for 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Lone Sabre" Build - 84 Sabre (Sold)
"Bastard Child Hybrid" Build - XS / FZR
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
SabreV45 is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 240
Flipped Off 84 Times in 31 Posts
SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Had some more time today to work on the getting the XS engine torn down. I was able to get the head and cylinders off.

Didn't have a cam chain breaker, and wasn't able to get enough slack in the chain even after I took off the cam chain bearings. So, I found the master link, ground down the pins and the master link just fell out. I'm planning on getting a new cam chain anyways when I rebuild it.

Once I had the cam chain and and cam shaft out of the way, I was able to get the rest of the head off the engine.

Then it was just a couple hits with a rubber mallet and the cylinders pulled right off. I noticed that the base gasket seemed to be cracked near the back of the cylinders, so I'm guessing that's where the oil that you see seeping from the back of the cylinders came from.

Just a picture of the head and cylinders off. These will get an extensive cleaning before the engine gets rebuild (possibly baking soda blasted)

The cylinder sleeves look to be in great condition, no rust, pits or major grooves.

So that's as far as I got today. I'm going to be ordering a complete gasket and seal kit soon and start cleaning the engine (possibly a little paint).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Lone Sabre" Build - 84 Sabre (Sold)
"Bastard Child Hybrid" Build - XS / FZR
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
SabreV45 is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
Lt Numb Nuts
GURU
CF Lover
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 9 Times in 6 Posts
Lt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of light

I hate having to grind down or cut off important shit!
Lt Numb Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Lt Numb Nuts!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #18
RatFighter
ATGATT

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 183
Flipped Off 100 Times in 39 Posts
RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RatFighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreV45 View Post
The cylinder sleeves look to be in great condition, no rust, pits or major grooves.
When I pulled it out of XS Interceptor I put a little 20w50 down the cylinders and used a cotton swab covered in oil on the end of a flexible grabber tool to coat as much as I could of the inside so it could survive sitting in the corner of the garage until somebody wanted it.

Sub'd. This is looking like it's going to be a hell of a good build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
you guys are making Wisconsinites sound like closet freaks
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #19
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!

Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 156
Flipped Off 68 Times in 59 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Interesting frame/motor combo. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

2014 Build-off project: GSXR 600 Mutt (don't post in this one)
2014 Build-off discussion: GSXR 600 Mutt
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #20
shotgun
Fast ZX-12R

shotgun's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 121 Times in 103 Posts
shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'll be watching this one too.

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
George Washington

shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shotgun!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes