MikeGyver's Ducati 916 fighter project - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > MikeGyver's Ducati 916 fighter project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
MikeGyver
\_(ツ)_/
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Flip Offs: 253
Flipped Off 131 Times in 117 Posts
MikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robbo
Default MikeGyver's Ducati 916 fighter project

Project: "Ghost"

Picked up my new streetfighter project yesterday. Found a screaming deal on a 1998 Ducati 916. 4200 miles, new Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa tires, 996 front end, Thermi slip-ons, aluminum clutch basket. 7 hours round trip in the rain to pick her up. Sounds like a BEAST! 1st owner slid into a ditch and trashed the plastics and headlight and let it sit around. 2nd owner put the headlight on, replaced a clip-on and got it back on the road. He replaced the front fork with a 996 unit that was given to him.

I had a 748 about 5 years ago and loved it with the exception of the ergos. So this one will be different. Dirt bars and a super comfy seat. Also have an open clutch cover on order to release all the Ducati sounds.

Now I just need to find some time to work on it

Last edited by MikeGyver; 08-31-2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: naming project
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:47 PM
Flip Offs: 50
Flipped Off 51 Times in 41 Posts
SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: New fighter project! Desmo-ness.....

NICE!

ps- you suck!!!

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 threads
VFR800 Build
VFR800 Talk
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Warthog
Noobie
Warthog's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Warthog is a good noobieWarthog is a good noobie

look forward to seeing the changes.

"My wallet disagrees with your awesomeness"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Kick ass! Love those bikes!

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Flip Offs: 497
Flipped Off 165 Times in 131 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

MAKE TIME PLEASE! We're watching! Congrats on the new project!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
fatrat
!ffo kcuf
Fighter
fatrat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
fatrat is a good noobiefatrat is a good noobie

Sweet arse bike! Looking forward to seeing what you do w/ it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
lol you drink that hipster shit

fatrat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
Suzuki Sky
Suzuki rock's
Fighter
Suzuki Sky's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Suzuki Sky is making some friendsSuzuki Sky is making some friendsSuzuki Sky is making some friends

v nice .... cant wait to c the final results ... especially as theres so many possibilitys with a bike like that

shiny side up
Suzuki Sky is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
shotgun
Fast ZX-12R

shotgun's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 121 Times in 103 Posts
shotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Great bike!

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
George Washington

shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,425
Flipped Off 873 Times in 397 Posts
ultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on here

titties

Remi Gavin michele RATdad
UF's 2017 build off cb550
UF's 2017 build off discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2010, 03:40 AM   #10
Bailz
Senior Fighterer
Bailz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to beholdBailz is a splendid one to behold

Open clutch cover? Man, I just threw my damn clutch over in the trash! Done.

Good luck man, Its tricky making a fightered Desmoquatro look clean.

Adventurer by trade, Pikey by circumstance.
Bailz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Bailz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes