93 GSX-R 750 fighter project "Stainr" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 93 GSX-R 750 fighter project "Stainr"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
Stainr
Host of NWFF 2013

CF Addict
Stainr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 6 Times in 3 Posts
Stainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to behold
Default 93 GSX-R 750 fighter project "Stainr"

Well Just picked this up today for $600. Runs a little rough but think the carbs are dirty. Has an abandoned title so that is clear. But as soon as I get it out of the truck I am going to start stipping it down and assess the condition of the sub-assemblies.

There is no such thing as a person being worthless. They can always be used as a bad example.

02' Suzuki Bandit 1200
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=64216

93' Suzuki GSX-R 750 fighter project
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=38976
Stainr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Stainr!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Fathead_03
Flashburnt
CF Pimp
Fathead_03's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 145
Flipped Off 35 Times in 30 Posts
Fathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant futureFathead_03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 93 GSX-R 750 fighter project "Stainr"

That's a deal, get to tearin!

Build Threads
2009 Winter Buildoff CBR Build Thread
After-Buildoff CBR Build Thread
CB750 Hardtail Bobber Build "Old's Cool"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvgasm View Post
someone died ban everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbwstripes View Post
I like carbon peaking through the paint. It's like side boob.
Fathead_03 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:09 PM
Flip Offs: 484
Flipped Off 801 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

sweet bike. i like this alot

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
Stainr
Host of NWFF 2013

CF Addict
Stainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to beholdStainr is a splendid one to behold

Here is what got done today. Tried to start the bike to show a friend and it cranked and stopped. Got to looking at it and thought the starter siezed but it worked fine. Pulled the tail cowls off and thats when things got funny. The start relay might be bad. so I checked it and it was fine. Pulled the fuel tank to see the rest of the wiring which didnt look good from the right hand side of the bike and sure enough it was the bigges hack job of wireing and electrical tape I had ever seen. Well except for a 68' Formula Firebird I used to own and tried to fix up. Check out the mess and the progress I made today.

By juddyj at 2010-11-05

By juddyj at 2010-11-05

By juddyj at 2010-11-05

Sooo I pulled the whole wiring harness out. In one of the pictures you can see the burn marks on the yellow connector. The connectors were all like that. The guy had different colored wires going to different wires everywhere. Like I said hack job. So off to look for a new harness. Hopefully that will go well and I can get this thing started again and try to get it running right and smooth before I take it apart anymore. then let the modding begin. Hahaha.

There is no such thing as a person being worthless. They can always be used as a bad example.

02' Suzuki Bandit 1200

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
Stainr
Host of NWFF 2013

CF Addict

Here is what got done today today. Nothing but the usual strip down while waiting for my wire harness. Took the carbs out to check em out and look them over. They seem to be in good condition but will look at the needles and what not tomorrow. Does any body know the nominal settings for these carbs. That way I can just slap them in and start the bike back up with the harness gets in. Thaks

02' Suzuki Bandit 1200

This user High Fived Stainr!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
Lt Numb Nuts
GURU
CF Lover
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 9 Times in 6 Posts
Lt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of light

Damn. Wish they could have made F2's with separable subframe's!
Very clean bike you got man.
Lt Numb Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #7
Stainr
Host of NWFF 2013

CF Addict

Wire harness is bought and should be on its way. $52 dollars total. Winning bidder on Ebay, so jacked. Now to check the carbs out and put them back on to get the bike ready to run and tune before major disassembly and cleaning and what not.

02' Suzuki Bandit 1200

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Stainr
Host of NWFF 2013

CF Addict

Carbs are cleaned and checked. Everything looked good to me. Going to install back on bike and wait for the harness that should be here soon. Got a cheap front brake lever and a OEM engine signal cover to replace the crap cover that was on there. Fixed the connector for the start switch controls that was melted when the previous owner hacked the electrical up. (jack ass, now my daughter knows how to say idiots!!!) Adjusted the clutch cable to where I think it is better. Waiting. Gasket for signal cover on its way. Seat cowling on its way. Lost a very small o-ring from the carb bellows and went to hardware store and my wife found me new ones. I love it when your wife is a part of the madness.

02' Suzuki Bandit 1200

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
RICH S202
WHO DARES WINS RODDERS
Fighterer
RICH S202's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 16
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
RICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to beholdRICH S202 is a splendid one to behold

Absolute fucking bargain!!!! damn wish i could find an early Gixxer 750 for that price

Cant wait to see it cleaned up and running
RICH S202 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #10
renegades

Fighterer
renegades's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:09 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
renegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to allrenegades is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
Carbs are cleaned and checked. Everything looked good to me. Going to install back on bike and wait for the harness that should be here soon. Got a cheap front brake lever and a OEM engine signal cover to replace the crap cover that was on there. Fixed the connector for the start switch controls that was melted when the previous owner hacked the electrical up. (jack ass, now my daughter knows how to say idiots!!!) Adjusted the clutch cable to where I think it is better. Waiting. Gasket for signal cover on its way. Seat cowling on its way. Lost a very small o-ring from the carb bellows and went to hardware store and my wife found me new ones. I love it when your wife is a part of the madness.
The crap signal cover that was on there looks like a genuine Yoshimura item from the distance picture,,i would'nt go dumping it...
renegades is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes