CB750 swing arm swap - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CB750 swing arm swap

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
randykyra
newbie, not really!
Fighter In Training
randykyra's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:06 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 14 Times in 4 Posts
randykyra is a good noobierandykyra is a good noobie
Default CB750 swing arm swap

OK, I've looked on the forum but really can't find an answer to my question. I have a 1975 CB750 that I'm working on. I'm putting a 2006 Yamaha R6 frontend on it and I've got most of that worked out (more to come on that, will post). I'd also like to use the R6 rear wheel (5.5 in) but I think I need a little more length in the swing arm to make it work. The width seems to be ok with the stock CB swingarm, it's tight But I may be able to make it work. But a little more width would be nice to. Because of the overall diameter of the R6 wheel 180/55/17 the tire/wheel is hitting the front of the swingarm. Does anyone have some suggestions on other Swing Arms that would fit the Frame but give me the length and a little more width I'd need? I really don't want to do a lot of Fab work. I would like to find something that bolts right up. Will any of the later CB750's work? Any info would be great.

Thanks
randykyra is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
randykyra
newbie, not really!
Fighter In Training
Default Re: CB750 swing arm swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by randykyra View Post
OK, I've looked on the forum but really can't find an answer to my question. I have a 1975 CB750 that I'm working on. I'm putting a 2006 Yamaha R6 frontend on it and I've got most of that worked out (more to come on that, will post). I'd also like to use the R6 rear wheel (5.5 in) but I think I need a little more length in the swing arm to make it work. The width seems to be ok with the stock CB swingarm, it's tight But I may be able to make it work. But a little more width would be nice to. Because of the overall diameter of the R6 wheel 180/55/17 the tire/wheel is hitting the front of the swingarm. Does anyone have some suggestions on other Swing Arms that would fit the Frame but give me the length and a little more width I'd need? I really don't want to do a lot of Fab work. I would like to find something that bolts right up. Will any of the later CB750's work? Any info would be great.

Thanks
Lets see if this works. I've uploaded a couple of pic's to my signature.

Randy
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
randykyra
newbie, not really!
Fighter In Training

found my answer on http://hondachopper.yuku.com/topic/3...m-Skrewed.html

Randy
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
ctluba
CF Addict
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
ctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud ofctluba has much to be proud of

Randy, is your CB an F model? I believe the F model swingarms are two inches longer than the other models. You can probably pick up an F swingarm on ebay pretty cheap. I am in the process of buying parts to put a CBR F2 rear wheel set up on my 750F. I am ordering parts off ebay this week and there are several instructional threads on the CB1100 super sport forum to help you out, Use the search function over there and you will get tons of info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_black View Post
Cammed up cb big bore with slingshots... Double Ohlins and a 636 radial caliper front end... Mismatch rims and a dent in the tank. Nuff said... Repped...
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetus View Post
I am very impressed by that bike. I love a good mix of old and new. Like a MILF with big ol fake titties!
Cheers.
ctluba is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
randykyra
newbie, not really!
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctluba View Post
Randy, is your CB an F model? I believe the F model swingarms are two inches longer than the other models. You can probably pick up an F swingarm on ebay pretty cheap. I am in the process of buying parts to put a CBR F2 rear wheel set up on my 750F. I am ordering parts off ebay this week and there are several instructional threads on the CB1100 super sport forum to help you out, Use the search function over there and you will get tons of info.

Thanks I'll take a look...

Randy
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 142 Times in 37 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Might wanna resize those pics your Sig. They're huge
Interested in seeing the front end swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived DecepticonDon!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonDon View Post
Might wanna resize those pics your Sig. They're huge
Interested in seeing the front end swap
thats his sig
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!