Roadkill the upgrades (this time with added planning) - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Roadkill the upgrades (this time with added planning)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:48 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Roadkill the upgrades (this time with added planning)

Ever since Roadkill was Uhum! Finished....

..... upgrades have been in my mind

A) because the sun was out (somethings were rushed so I could play)
B) I'd expecting some teething problems (that'd need sorting this winter)
&
C) it'sa Fighter..... constant upgrades, tweeks, and glueing shit that fall off back on, are all part of it

those of yous who read the build thread will know these upgrades started with the addition of some exhaust wrap....

and after me streetfighter photoshoot, I planned on pulling her apart and sortin a few things...

first

the rushed things

1) the paint work
mainly cause it was never finished properly

2) polishing

I'd always thought a polished frame an swingarm would look ace against the bright orange.. but due to me being a lazy git with the vain hope of riding in the summer months I put this off only to find it rained most off the summer.. Bugger!

3) subframe

although 99% is hidden... the finish leaves alot to be desired. So, I gunna tidy it up.. Dunno why.. no-one except me sees it. it just gotta be done

4) undertray

cos it dont quite fit right.... Oh! and I managed to crack it being carlessly heavy handed

and if that aint enoph ta keep me busy*.......

the Upgrades

1) stopping power

hmmmm?.... well the single front disc, While fine pootling around town, leaves a bit to be disired at propper speeds.... and when i say a bit I mean... squeezing the break leaver appears to cause more a general ring clenching action than any actual slowing action provoking the classic HELP! HELP!! I'm gunna Die! reaction

2) tail lights

due to using an LED setup behind a tinted plate... in even the weakest of british sunshine they invisible... and the brake lights aint much better

3) Battery (isolator)

it's gone flat twice and as I have dismantle the tail to get it out I wanna try stop this happening

4) Battery (charging/tender plug)

see 3

5) numberplate light
errr..... never got round to fitting it...

the shit that fell off

errrrr.... welll.... um..... nothin' yet (but watch this space
)

then anything that takes me fancy....

the start of all of this was penciled in my diary** for tommorrow but as Motorcycle Live is on at the NEC and I just got back from dropping Roadkill off this has been postponed for a week or so.. but that aint gunna stop me posting this long winded post anyway

*Damn! I got the buildoff bike to squeeze some time into too
**who am I trying ta kid..... crayoned on the back of a fag packet

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
gsx-R1/750
fighterer still learning
CF Lover
gsx-R1/750's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:48 PM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
gsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to allgsx-R1/750 is a name known to all
Default Re: Roadkill the upgrades (this time with added planning)

you gonna be up at the show much? or no anyone on here who is? im going up next saturday would be cool to meet a few like minded nutters i mean people
gsx-R1/750 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx-R1/750 View Post
you gonna be up at the show much? or no anyone on here who is? im going up next saturday would be cool to meet a few like minded nutters i mean people
should be up ther next satday too...

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Flip Offs: 497
Flipped Off 165 Times in 131 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

can't wait to see it's next incarnation brother! DW!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
busterbog
SRAD MAD
CF Addict
busterbog's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 8 Times in 2 Posts
busterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to beholdbusterbog is a splendid one to behold

Gona try and getup there next saturday and see the beast in tha flesh.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
busterbog is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post

well I aint done anythin to take a picture of......

but just for you Adam, I'll bang this picture up again

These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Mrs. Bob
Fighterer
Mrs. Bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx-R1/750 View Post
As SSB said we're going again next Saturday.. Just so you know SSB looks just like his avatar and no doubt will be hanging round the fighters again so he shouldn't be hard to miss
Mrs. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Bob View Post
As SSB said we're going again next Saturday.. Just so you know SSB looks just like his avatar and no doubt will be hanging round the fighters again so he shouldn't be hard to miss
hmmmm! but the Bloody NEC wont let me smoke inside...... hows anyone supposed to recognise me now

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
Mrs. Bob
Fighterer
Mrs. Bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of lightMrs. Bob is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
hmmmm! but the Bloody NEC wont let me smoke inside...... hows anyone supposed to recognise me now
I'll set fire to you
Mrs. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mrs. Bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
balline36m3

CF Pimp
balline36m3's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Flip Offs: 929
Flipped Off 504 Times in 71 Posts
balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

what mirrors are on there bob?
balline36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes