'90 Slingshot 750 cafe fighter. (Wrist Rocket) - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > '90 Slingshot 750 cafe fighter. (Wrist Rocket)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Garlic_Sauce
RUST REMOVER

CF Addict
Garlic_Sauce's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:46 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to behold
Default '90 Slingshot 750 cafe fighter. (Wrist Rocket)

What's up guys? Finally got a little money together and got some work done on my bike. Heres what she looked like with her clothes on: (needed to pass an inspection for V.I.N. verification)

Here's how she looks as of right now:

[img]http://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/83214d23a92708946.jpg[/im

Here's a pic of the headlight brackets I made out of galvanized pipe clamps and rubber strips

I still have some work to do on those brackets as well as mounting blinkers, cleaning up the tail, putting the carbs back on, painting etc. That's a Buell BLAST headlight BTW. Let me know what you think, I'll post more pics and info as I go.

"Oh my god look at this, it's a machine! You know, your like looking into the mechanism of the universe..."
-Indian Larry-

Current build, check it out.
xs650 Brat Tracker:http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=57958

78 XS400 CAFE build (SOLD): http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=53414

Garlic_Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Garlic_Sauce!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Flip Offs: 448
Flipped Off 202 Times in 139 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: '90 Slingshot 750 cafe fighter. (Wrist Rocket)

good start!! i love oil cooled gixxers so i'll be keeping a watch on this

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:46 AM
Flip Offs: 562
Flipped Off 444 Times in 149 Posts
CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

good start!
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:46 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I want one.

Redefyned Racing
Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived endo!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
rrfighter
Senior Fighterer
rrfighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
rrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to allrrfighter is a name known to all

i so like that headlight. kickass bike man. i bet it sounds fooking loud huh?
rrfighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Garlic_Sauce
RUST REMOVER

CF Addict
Garlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to beholdGarlic_Sauce is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys, Yeah it's pretty loud. I opened up the can expecting there to be no packing left, but to my surprise it was still about 80%. It's a good loud though.
I forgot to list the mods:
Performance: Full Yoshimura exhaust, stage 3 dyno jet kit, K&N pods, '92 USD forks set-up and swingarm and WEIGHT REDUCTION!
Aesthetics: Bar-end mirrors, Carbon fiber triple tree cover and bar-ends, Clear fuel filters, translucent red fuel lines, Buell BLAST headlight, homemade headlight brackets

"Oh my god look at this, it's a machine! You know, your like looking into the mechanism of the universe..."
-Indian Larry-

78 XS400 CAFE build (SOLD): http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=53414

Garlic_Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,390
Flipped Off 857 Times in 384 Posts
ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ultimate fighter is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

gixxer 750 will be my next platform for a build

loving your progress bub cheers

Remi Gavin michele RATdad
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 484
Flipped Off 799 Times in 364 Posts
gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsf1200R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

i plan on making one...one day

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
Garlic_Sauce
RUST REMOVER

CF Addict

Thanks, I wired the blinkers today and made some better arms for the headlight brackets. It's too cold out to work long enough to get any real progress done.

-Indian Larry-

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
Garlic_Sauce
RUST REMOVER

CF Addict

Got some work done today.

I used the second pair of pipe clamps and rubber strips to secure the canister to the undertail

I also cut out a new gasket for the petcock and RTV'd the bolts and edges to seal em up.

I made a bracket for my plate too. Next I need to re-wire the taillight/blinkers set-up, but first I need to find a cool taillight *Searches E-BAY like a robot on crack*

-Indian Larry-

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes