-1 +2 afram 520 chain kit

2nd Time around
Slash cut exhaust, then 2006 gsxr scop power cone slip on modded to fit
Gilles GP light clip ons
2005 CBR1000RR subframe/tail
fabbed undertail area/battery box
more wiring work
LSL mig lights painted black
Acewell 3915 (later switched back to stock to use dealermode)
2006 GSXR 600 front end with stock 02 wheel
caliper spacers to use the bigger rotors

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: 02 gixxer 600

Made the ecu holders, fuse box holder, and starter relay holder. Still have 1 relay, and the recifier or whatever its called to mount. I used aluminum angle iron for the ecu holder, and some aluminum brackets i had laying around.

alittle progress before the sander broke, and a picture of my hoodie...

#6 ·

oh yeah, haelo has been helping me read the wiring diagram, so many thanks for all his help. If anyone wants to use the stock heat sensor with the 3915 acewell, you need a 8.2k resistor inline (01-03 GSXR 600). I havnt tested how accurate it is yet. with the 8.2k it might be +/-10 degrees. The tach is really jumpy, havnt figured it out how to calm it down yet. Neutral light must be connected to the blue wire coming from the GPS (02 GSXR 600).

haelo said:
Hey sanitys I don't get any credit for hooking up your Acewell for you?

:D

Just kidding :haelo:

#7 ·

I decided to go with rubberized undercoating for the sheetmetal piece that holds all the wiring and ecu because its going to be getting bombarded with road debri.

Okay, for anyone with a 01-03 GSXR 600. a 5.1k Resistor will bypass the Tip Over Sensor. just thought Id let you all know.

got my coolant can, and ecu in the mail today. heres a picture of the coolant can next to the 20oz coke bottle. I know its really small, but i doubt ill be having issues with it.

Made a bracket out of angle aluminum for the plate and rear signals. Sprayed it was rubberized undercoating as well.

#8 ·

thanks shift, heres a quick update. Nothing much visual has changed, can is off for some paint, made a bracket for the overflow tank. Its gonna be mounted on the Rad. Painted the overflow black, gonna wait till tomarrow to install it. Painted and cleared the undertail piece. Justs needs a wetsand and buff. Took the white stripe off the tank, and wetsanded and buffed it. Probably did some other small shit i forgot to mention.

You can sort of see the bracket i made here. Its black attached to the Rad.

#9 ·

Thanks Haelo. Okay the tail light piece needs alittle more buffing (buffing by hand sucks balls). I was really happy with how it all turned out. Also grabbed a shot of the coolant overflow mounted. Its hard to see, which can be a good thing. Anyways here are some pictures.

Painted the Can/header flat black.

#12 ·

Got my new tools in. I realized Im missing the axle/wheel spacer for the right side. I also need to get the seat tweaked so it fits up to the tank nice.

Things Im waiting on to come in/order.

1. Axle/Wheel spacer from dealer
2. Clip ons from cdnstreetfighter
3. Rear brake resivour from i havnt found one for a good price yet.

Then it should all be rideable, a few more things need buttoning up, and pictures for you guys.

#14 ·

endo said:
That looks great! I still wanna put 03/04 GSXR 1000 kit on my 00 GSXR750...tail, upper...engine...
Ive read that you can mod your subframe to accept the newer tail. by upper are you refering to headlight/fairing, or forks? Watch around ebay for forks, i got mine for 255 shipped, brakes 100. so I got a whole front for 355 from a 06 600, not a bad price if you ask me. not sure what the tails go for.

#17 ·

Thanks for all the kind words fella's. My brakes came in today, but I cant put them on untill I get my axle spacer from the dealer, probably sometime next week. I hope to have it rideable by next weekend. I'll try to clean up some of the pictures in here and have it in some sort of order for easier viewing when i have some time. I started surfing more again, and I have family visiting, so I havnt had as much time for computer stuff. I'll also include where I bought the stuff. If it wasnt made myself or a tool it was ebay, but just for anyone doing stuff like ive done.

#18 ·

So its been awhile since i updated. I took a break from working on it. It seems that last 5% is a killer. I also came up with the idea of mounting all my computer in server cases and making them all rack mount, so money has been going towards that. Here are some updated pictures. All I really have left is as follows:

1. Mount the Calipers (requires 5mm or so spacers)
2. Install throttle side grip
3. Finish mounting up lights
4. Mount the guages
5. Make sure all wire/cable routing is good.
*6. Gotta mod the seat. but it can work for now.

#21 ·

oOooooh me likey! ur bike looks sooo good. i love that tail section on there!!!

:honda: YAH BITCHES!!

#22 ·

Thanks. The euro tail lights wouldnt fit with the passenger seat, so I ordered a stock tail light, and just have to fill the gap with alittle sheet metal. If you were wondering why the tail lights arent in, thats why. There is also a problem with the bar end mirrors I have and the gilles clip ons. Im gonna have get some barends for the clipons and mount the mirrors on those. Those are the only 2 things i havnt mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.