zx7r and zx9r float bowl mod - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > zx7r and zx9r float bowl mod

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
ObsessiveInc
Fighterer
ObsessiveInc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 19 Times in 6 Posts
ObsessiveInc is well likedObsessiveInc is well likedObsessiveInc is well likedObsessiveInc is well likedObsessiveInc is well likedObsessiveInc is well likedObsessiveInc is well liked
Default zx7r and zx9r float bowl mod

was just recently working on a friends 98 zx9r and did this easy mod. this eliminates the need for that hose going to the ram air intake tubes which makes the bike run like shit when not exposed to forced air. i used the parts from the emissions crap and a piece of 3/8 hose to join the tubes coming off the valve cover. although you could just pull the tubes off and jb weld the holes shut as i did on my zx7 or machine pretty cover plates no one will ever see.

98 zx9r (should apply to other years as well)

also removed these fittings from the intake runners and replaced them with metric bolts. KEEP the fittings though. these are used when you do a synch on the carbs and next to impossible to find!

96-03 zx7r

same deal different hose routing. open end of hose goes on the front of the airbox.

ObsessiveInc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
mattimus13666
Noobie
mattimus13666's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:33 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
mattimus13666 is a NOOB
Default Re: zx7r and zx9r float bowl mod

so this is somthing i would have to do if/when i remove the fairing on my 94 zx9? haha so i dont have to keep the ram air tubes that run in to the airbox?
mattimus13666 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
95kawizx6r
MOTIVATED AGAIN!!!
CF Addict
95kawizx6r's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 14 Times in 10 Posts
95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold95kawizx6r is a splendid one to behold

I have been looking for this thread for a few days now lol. Thanx for the info bro. Gonna hook my 95 zx6r up this afternoon and hope it solves my issues lol

my first fighter! (95-zx6r)
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...703#post847703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
Yes it's heavier to use, but if user don't have strength to pull clutch, can he hold on bars when boost kicks in
95kawizx6r is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #4
sonic reducer
Fighter
Local Time: 11:33 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
sonic reducer is a good noobiesonic reducer is a good noobie

so are you effectively blocking off the crankcase air pressure port or is there another place it vents out of? I don't know about the PCV system on that bike but its generally not good to have it recirculate or be self contained. ideally you want as little crankcase pressure as possible and there are motors that even run a dedicated vacuum pump for the crankcase. personally I would not block it off but vent it to the atmosphere or run an air/oil seperator can of some kind.
sonic reducer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
brockzila
breaking stuff since 1978
CF Addict
brockzila's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
brockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to beholdbrockzila is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic reducer View Post
so are you effectively blocking off the crankcase air pressure port or is there another place it vents out of? I don't know about the PCV system on that bike but its generally not good to have it recirculate or be self contained. ideally you want as little crankcase pressure as possible and there are motors that even run a dedicated vacuum pump for the crankcase. personally I would not block it off but vent it to the atmosphere or run an air/oil seperator can of some kind.
its got nothing to do with the crank breather.

the zx series run a very finicy ram air system and removal of the full factory ram system often ends up with the bike not running correctly.

As we are building fighters and removing the fairings we also need to remove the ram tubes and plumming.

They usualy have hoses running out to the front of the bikes to preasurise the fuel bowls so the intake pressure and the fuel bowl pressure are the same.

this mod is one of many to mod the carbs and ram system so the bike will run with the full ram system removed. every thing you are seeing is for the air box and the carbs not the crank breather. which is mounted off the top of the trans

You may notice a few spelling mistakes in my posts. sorry. been trying for years i just cant figure that spelling stuff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyguitar View Post
Worrying about crashing is like worrying about getting an std. Wear protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours is wrong.
TRX850 Sunburst discussion thread
Sunburst TRX850 Build thread
brockzila is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power