Easy way to mount tires w/ zip ties. - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

DIY A how to section for the members, by the members!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Easy way to mount tires w/ zip ties.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
brockzila
breaking stuff since 1978
CF Addict
brockzila's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:44 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
brockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to allbrockzila is a name known to all
Default Re: Easy way to mount tires w/ zip ties.

I have also seen it done with ratchet tie down straps.

just as good but they are reusable!

well done young man

You may notice a few spelling mistakes in my posts. sorry. been trying for years i just cant figure that spelling stuff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyguitar View Post
Worrying about crashing is like worrying about getting an std. Wear protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours is wrong.
Zx9r immigrant discussion thread
ZX9R build thread.
brockzila is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #12
ravage73
is a hustler on 2 wheels.
CF Addict
ravage73's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:44 AM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 14 Times in 10 Posts
ravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to allravage73 is a name known to all

nice thread you smartass mutha!

98 CBR F3 BUILD THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr00zloose View Post
Fuck you.. with a wooden dildo... and I hope you get splinters.
ravage73 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #13
HDguy
Fighter
HDguy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
HDguy is making some friendsHDguy is making some friendsHDguy is making some friends

thanks guys! I come up with cheap ways to do stuff all the time, mainly I'm in the middle of a project and it's 3AM and I want it finished before I go to bed.

"custom is what you make, not what you can buy" <-ME

HDguy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived HDguy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 142 Times in 37 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

neat idear. might have to use this. my buddy has a tire machine, but I can't track him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
thaOrleanyte
hardhead

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 659
Flipped Off 452 Times in 178 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

how hard is it to get the zip ties out?

Balancing?

thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived thaOrleanyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #16
Stick
is lurking in the shadows
CF Pimp
Stick's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 83 Times in 29 Posts
Stick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud of

^Who balances their tires?! lol

I also use the "two big screwdriver" method, but might give this a shot next time. How do you guys break the bead on the old tire? I, personally, run over it with my van.
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Stick!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #17
jaybuilt
or just jay
CF Addict
jaybuilt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 9 Times in 2 Posts
jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick View Post

I also use the "two big screwdriver" method, but might give this a shot next time. How do you guys break the bead on the old tire? I, personally, run over it with my van.
that ids a killer idea .i do a no air burnout on the wing it works.little sketchy tho
jaybuilt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived jaybuilt!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #18
DrAwKwArD
Buell Fighter
CF Addict
DrAwKwArD's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:44 AM
Flip Offs: 83
Flipped Off 144 Times in 69 Posts
DrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick View Post

I use two pieces of wood (makeshift lever) and the rear bumper of my van for the rear tire, and for a front tire I just use a big c-clamp.

GT3Eighty Cafe Build - I've stalled on this one...I feel like a bitch...it needs to get started back up.
My subframe build
CBR Track bike build

"To shave the beard is a sin that the blood of all the martyrs cannot cleanse. It is to deface the image of man created by God." - Ivan the Terrible
DrAwKwArD is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty
up2L8's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 298
Flipped Off 90 Times in 54 Posts
up2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond repute

I break beads with a 8ft 2x4, with a 8" piece about 18" from the end. Then like awkward said I use a car to hold the end down and with the 8ft lever I have TONS of power.

ZX6R Streetfighter, sold to brother, on hold while away with military

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
Everyone knows dirt riders make the best street riders. If you aint slidin, you aint ridin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michjohnny View Post
ground up build. there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .
up2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
Stick
is lurking in the shadows
CF Pimp
Stick's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 83 Times in 29 Posts
Stick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud ofStick has much to be proud of

^Yeah, a couple buddies do the same. I just stated using the "run over the tire" method because I didn't have any 2x4s laying around and needed a tire changed. Lol. It was easy, convenient, and effective, so I stuck with it.
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY