all efi ducati guys, to hell with vdst - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

DIY A how to section for the members, by the members!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > all efi ducati guys, to hell with vdst

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold
Default all efi ducati guys, to hell with vdst

ducatidiag is the shit. reset my tp. lowered my trimmer. adjusted the air bleeds. runs so much crisper now. and its free. just need a obd2 usb inverter. i bought mine off amazon for 28 bucks shipped but it pulls codes and reads pids on cars real well so ill use that at work also. winner winner chicken dinner.

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived chandler!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
tlstreak
Senior Fighterer
tlstreak's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 1 Post
tlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to all
Default Re: all efi ducati guys, to hell with vdst

Dont own a duc but want one. So you got an OBD2 attachment that will read and understand the ducati. No card need or upgrade for the OBD? You tell me this is possbile and ill be fucking giddy, no reason it wont work on other application too without a little research. I dont have an OBD at the moment but ive been meaning to get one just to work on my own cars, this would just be icing on the cake!
tlstreak is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:37 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

That's cool, hadn't heard of that one yet

Redefyned Racing
Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold

my bike doesnt have an 02. i use a dp cams ecu which eliminated the o2 and exhaust servo. the service manual makes the bike seem way to finicky and hard to work on. its just an engine. it has an iac just like a car but with an orfice you can change with the bleed screws. run it a 100 miles then check the plugs and readjust the trimmer.

the obd2 is just an interface the real goods is the program the guy made. but i use the interface on my car as it comes with a cd that has multiple obd programs for cars.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
chandler
is not your fucking bro

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
tlstreak
Senior Fighterer
tlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to alltlstreak is a name known to all

your just using a laptop with a cable?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Freeware is the shiznit. A program came out last year called TuneECU that works with Triumphs, KTMs and some Aprilias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
chandler
is not your fucking bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlstreak View Post
your just using a laptop with a cable?
kinda. like i said you need an interface. google elm327. thats what i use. then you can make a harness to connect the obd2 connector to the bike (thats what i did) or you can buy an alfa romeo harness which uses the same connector. the interface is 30 and the cable is 30 so its not free but cheaper than a $250 vdst. and it has the same functions.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
tlstreak
Senior Fighterer

So Its like having a PC on the bike, plug and tune with the software and the correct cable. I will look more into this, because thats effin sweet! Thats been a big hurdle for me going the duc route is no dealer even remotley close. Not that I use them often, but they have maint fault and such on the dash to clear codes and diagnois issues. Not scared to do the work but always worried about the cost of the tools in the long run. Being able to adapt a program on a computer and run a cable is awesome.

Makes it better to know its out there for more models too. I like me some triumphs too. I have been a zuk rider other than the honda now for a long time. We were always able to flash the dealer mode and read the codes with anything more than a paperclip, and the ECU was always programed with a yosh box or something similar.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
dezmo
not a hugger
Fighter
dezmo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 11 Times in 5 Posts
dezmo is well likeddezmo is well likeddezmo is well likeddezmo is well likeddezmo is well likeddezmo is well liked

can this adjust fuel trim?
dezmo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY