1989 Honda CBR600 Hurricane - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1989 Honda CBR600 Hurricane

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Players Club
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Players Club is a NOOB
Default 1989 Honda CBR600 Hurricane

K im new at this site, only 16 and have some cash to spend. Theres a hurricane for sale for 300. Says it needs to battery. How much would it cost to do this:
New battery
Gsxr like tail
Paint job
Headlights, preferable the 2 small lights.
Thanks alot
Players Club is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
shadowzone
Kapitalist Kunt
CF Lover
shadowzone's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Flip Offs: 30
Flipped Off 54 Times in 22 Posts
shadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond reputeshadowzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1989 Honda CBR600 Hurricane

Battery Probably around $100.
GSXR Tail, depends on year and where you find it,
Paint Job depends on how you do it or who does it,
I mean if you do a rattle can flat black paint job it could be as little as $20
And headlights again depends on where you source them from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
Go leather! Piss off PETA
Fairings are for poofters

shadowzone is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shadowzone!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Kaos's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:18 PM
Flip Offs: 71
Flipped Off 59 Times in 47 Posts
Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

First off bud, welcome....
Next, in my experience when anyone advertises something as only needing a battery, they are full of shit.
If you want it, go look at it and gauge it's condition. If you can borrow a battery from somewhere to start her up, do it....
Next up, battery price depends what country you're in. Over here in Aus, like Shadowzone said, around $100. If you're in USA, I see they're $21 off ebay...
Tail... However much you can pick it up for and mod it to fit. I have seen (over here) complete tail/subframe go for as little as $150. Again, probably cheaper over there....
Paint... As Shadowzone said...
Lights... Again as Shadowzone said. You can pick up cheap driving/spot lights for under $20 that will do the trick to get her on the road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuilt
...i have siad it before do what you realy want and do it today above all have your share of fun causc you will damn shure have your share of the other.
CUSTOM FIGHTERS FOR LIFE!
Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
ants
Legit goon

CF Addict
ants's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:48 PM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 9 Times in 6 Posts
ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Might be just my incompetence speaking but..
Are you even allowed to drive a 600 at the age of 16?
Just wondering..

Andrew

~Andrew
r.i.p.[||]
Normality is a waste of potential.
My slow-ass project: '89 Yamaha XJ600

Cookie2000ad:
This is CF. If you file down a bolt we expect 10 photos and a video.
ants is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Players Club
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Players Club is a NOOB

Ya in Canada we can. But back to the bike my uncle said it actually might need a new charging system instead of the bs "new battery". Know where I could get one of these for cheap??
Players Club is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
HALFEVIL333
being normal is to easy
CF Lover
HALFEVIL333's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
HALFEVIL333 is really niceHALFEVIL333 is really niceHALFEVIL333 is really niceHALFEVIL333 is really niceHALFEVIL333 is really niceHALFEVIL333 is really niceHALFEVIL333 is really nice

check ebay, you may just need a rectifier. and your best bet would be get a shop manual while your at it. probably 30 bucks for the book, and a rectifier shouldnt be to bad. and that part is a plug and play part. but a battery is a good start. if you want to know if its the battery take a volt meter with you and set it to dc and if it registers any less then 12 volts the batterys shot. do it with the bike just sitting and not running.

yeah thats how i feel!
HALFEVIL333 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions