Gas tank swap? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Gas tank swap?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Noah3210
Noobie
Noah3210's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Noah3210 is a NOOB
Default Gas tank swap?

I have a cb 750 and I want to put either somekind of sportbike gas tank or a Ducati gas tank that my friend would sell me for cheap would it fit my cb 750? Also I am not really to mechanically inclined so will it be a lot of work because I don't really like a lot of manual labor to be honest. I know it's a stupid question
Noah3210 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
blensen
GURU

CF Addict
blensen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
blensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant futureblensen has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gas tank swap?

Odds are that no modern sportbike tank will swap easily to your cb. Most bikes now use aluminum perimeter frames instead of a steel tube backbone. Your tank is made to fit on a backbone frame. Your best bet for a swap will be to find another backbone-framed bike that has a tank you like.

What you've got:

What you want to swap from:

It can be done, but probably not very easy, and certainly not without manual labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter
my throttle response was as fast as an old man with parkinsons trying to put his keys in the door
blensen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived blensen!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
Noah3210
Noobie
Noah3210 is a NOOB

Thanks the answer I was looking for
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Wolfman

CF Pimp
Wolfman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 23 Times in 17 Posts
Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

it can but it will take work and may not come out the way you want. Unless Im wrong, you'll have to make a custom tunnel and weld it on the modern tank. THen it may come so far out the sides that it might not look right

I does what I likes and I likes what I do

My build : http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ead.php?t=8919
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
Noah3210
Noobie
Noah3210 is a NOOB

Does this include even the ducati sport gas tank? Cause I like the Hammerhead look of it and I just bought a cb400 trying to make a cafe racer. And I never liked those streamlined gas tanks but his ducati sport tank I like will it fit? It looks the same kind of frame and it will be cheaper than buying a custom built one online and getting it shipped here. Thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-T869 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
eatabullet

CF Pimp
eatabullet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 241
Flipped Off 123 Times in 64 Posts
eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!eatabullet is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

duc sport classic frame:

and it's tank

it will not be a nice easy fit.
eatabullet is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions