Hyde Harrier Build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hyde Harrier Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Siskiyou
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 10:54 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Siskiyou is a NOOB
Default Hyde Harrier Build

Here's some pics of the Hyde Harrier I'm building. It's called that because it's sold by
Norman Hyde in the UK, though the frame and fab'ed parts are all built by Harris. What
I bought are the frame, gas tank, seat/bodywork, rearsets and other smaller bits. The
rest is up to me. The plan is to use CBR 600 forks and wheels, which I already have.
The engine is out of a '06 Triumph Scrambler which is similar to the current Thruxton/
Bonnie engine except it has a 270 degree crank. I'm still deciding on engine mods, but
at the least it will have higher comp slugs, new cams and carbs, an ignition remap and
lighter flywheel. These motors can go all the way to 1087 cc, but the $$$ get big fast
so that's not in the budget.

Been working on electrical system stuff. I started with the wiring harness from the
Scrambler, but have had to modify quite a bit along the way. Ignition box, relays and
fuse box are all mounted to an aluminum plate bolted to the rear subframe. The black
gizmo at the top is a quick disconnect for the tail light wires. The tube that passes
from right to left and down the side of the frame is the feed hose to the rear master
cylinder: the reservoir will bolt to the two holes at the top of the pic and be hidden
under the seat hump.

Lots of other stuff is in the works. I have a custom rear brake hanger coming from the
machine shop soon. I'll post a photo when it arrives.
Siskiyou is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Siskiyou!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
scarecrow01
durty south psychofighter
CF Lover
scarecrow01's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Ooh ooh I wanna see finished product drawings or renderings. Oh and nice start

R.I.P Rayvan you will forever be missed

www.facebook.com/InLovingMemoryOfRayvanPayne
scarecrow01 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Flip Offs: 456
Flipped Off 204 Times in 141 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Hyde Harrier Build

<-- this guy is excited about this!!

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
scarecrow01
durty south psychofighter
CF Lover
scarecrow01's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Any updates?

R.I.P Rayvan you will forever be missed

www.facebook.com/InLovingMemoryOfRayvanPayne
scarecrow01 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
Siskiyou
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 10:54 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Siskiyou is a NOOB

Not a lot of progress in the last week or so. I'm out of town for work a lot, so I only have so much time to
work. I fab'd a bracket and made some spacers. Still waiting for the rear brake caliper hanger: when it
shows up I'll be able to work out brake line routing and make any brackets I need for that. Once the brackets
are done I'll need to find someone local that can bronze weld to a high standard: that's how Harris built the
frame and I want it done the same way.

I've had a 6" bench lathe kicking around the shop for years. I'm going to need it for the Harrier, so this week
I finally got movin' and started taking it apart for a partial rebuild. I dropped off the spindle this afternoon to
have a new bearing pressed on. A few repairs and a lot of cleaning and lubing and it will be ready to make
axle spacers.

I also am going to have to order the triple clamps from Harris. I had a local race car engineer lined up to
design them and have them fabricated. His business has grown a ton in the last 6 months and he told me
that he won't be able to do any more work for me. He's the guy having the caliper hanger made,
so that's the last part he'll do for me.

Here's a couple of piccys to dress up this post: The right side rear sets from Harris for bling, and a shot of
the lathe in pieces.

Siskiyou is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Siskiyou!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
NoobFighter
I <3 Boxer twins.
Fighter
NoobFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 5 Times in 4 Posts
NoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of lightNoobFighter is a glorious beacon of light

Is your profile name the name of your new band? Does your ass still hurt since you jumped into that pool?

NoobFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes