GPS Speedometer - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GPS Speedometer

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
adr3naline
Noobie
adr3naline's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:37 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
adr3naline is a good noobieadr3naline is a good noobie
Default GPS Speedometer

Hey! I'm curious if any of you have ever used a GPS Speedometer before. Here's a link to a place that sells them, seems interesting for my current project.

I guess I'm only wondering if it would be able to keep up? Would it update fast enough to be correct?

Here's the speedometer (it's like 3-4 parts down): Legendary-Motorcycles

Thanks!
adr3naline is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
AtlStreetfighter
Longtime rider

CF Pimp
AtlStreetfighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
AtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud ofAtlStreetfighter has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: GPS Speedometer

I dont know bout that kind of GPS speedo. But I us my Garman as my speedO and it keep up all the time. I think the GPS speedO is better then the stock SpeedO.

StreetKORE Apparel. The original Brand built for the true Streetfighter Enthusiast.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=27479

AtlStreetfighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived AtlStreetfighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
reuben616
this guy ^

Fighter
reuben616's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
reuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of lightreuben616 is a glorious beacon of light

i used a tom tom witch was great it did what i wanted it to but it didnt have odometer an trip function like the Garmin does witch is very nice to have for an indirect gas gauge
reuben616 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Leroy
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Leroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud ofLeroy has much to be proud of

Any of those navigation systems with integrated GPS reciever will do their job just fine. Most of them have a reciever that works at 1hz. The Legendary-Motorcycles GPS Speedometer have a 5hz reciever wich is more faster. 5hz or 10hz recievers used for telemetry systems.

Jut to let you know, I haven't test this one, but the specs of it are very good.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
Zedhead
Fighter
Zedhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:37 AM
Zedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to behold

here are the speedos instead of buying that used one
http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/GPS-S...-Only/1:3|39:1

TIP__________
TOTAL___________
SIGNATURE_________________________________________

Have a great day!
Z1000 build "ZBALLZ" http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=62460

Discussion http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=62465
Zedhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zedhead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Zedhead
Fighter
Zedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to beholdZedhead is a splendid one to behold

they go all the way up to 260 mph if you do lol

TIP__________
TOTAL___________

Have a great day!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
Zedhead
Fighter

and Dakota digital make a bunch of all in one digital gauges

TIP__________
TOTAL___________

Have a great day!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
Danbuc
GURU
CF Lover
Danbuc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 12 Times in 10 Posts
Danbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond reputeDanbuc has a reputation beyond repute

There's a dude over on TriumphRat that just snagged a Speedhut one for this Thruxton. He hasn't test ridden it yet, but I'm keeping an eye for updates as I looked into this for mine as well if I go the fork swap route.

Seems like a good option especially if the idiot lights aren't in the original speedo off the bike.

Ride'em like ya stole'em
Danbuc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #9
shotgun
Fast ZX-12R

shotgun's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 121 Times in 103 Posts
shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!shotgun is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

I don't know why it wouldn't work. It has some pretty cool features too.

A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
George Washington

shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #10
Kazakdan
NoObie
Noobie
Kazakdan is a NOOB

I use GPS over speedo. Except it doesn't work in tunnels. I suspect it would be not legal here in UK because of this, in fact it says somewhere that you need a mechanical or electric operated unit attached to the vehicle, although a vehicle would pass MOT inspection because the speedo is not tested.

I am looking for a digital speedo unit which I can easily wire into a 98 CBR1100XX....
Kazakdan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion