Anodizing over Alodine? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Anodizing over Alodine?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Knifemaker87
builder in training

CF Addict
Knifemaker87's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:26 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Knifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant futureKnifemaker87 has a brilliant future
Default Anodizing over Alodine?

I have done some web searches and am having a hard time finding a definitive answer.

I love the gold color you get from alodineing but i want to be able to have a little more resilience to the elements so i am wondering if you can do clear anodizing over alodine or if it has to be the other way around. I know that alodine coating is very conductive but dont know if it will anodize. and i would hate to spend $75 on stuff that i may or may not use.

if anybody is interested in getting parts alodined let me know and it may make it more worth my while.

any info helps
thanks
~Chris

CBR 600 F2
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=33094

"Instigator" Virago Build-off thread:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=75337

"Inistigator" discussion
Knifemaker87 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
sebwiers
experiMental

CF Addict
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:26 PM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 25 Times in 12 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Anodizing over Alodine?

I'd suspect they are incompatible ; both are reactions of the surface. Anno depends on producing a thin laer of aluminum oxide (and maybe filling the pores in the oxide structure with dye) while it looks like alodine deposits a layer of some other metal on the surface(?). Can't see how you could do both.

Gold anno isn't uncommon though, so why not just use that if you want the hardness of anno?

And yeah, I might be interested. I've got my clutch cover pulled and plan on using gold / yellow accents on the bike. Was planning to laser etch it, would very much like to up the contrast by coloring it first.

Not quite as slick as the case cover you machined, but was what I had planned.

SECApocalypse project bike - 1981 XJ750rh with Hossack front

Skully Keychains - $1 each plus flat rate shipping
sebwiers is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion