94 ZX7 / AUS ZXR 750 L STREETFIGHTER - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 94 ZX7 / AUS ZXR 750 L STREETFIGHTER

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
NINJAINOZ
Noobie
NINJAINOZ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
NINJAINOZ is a NOOB
Default 94 ZX7 / AUS ZXR 750 L STREETFIGHTER

Been lurking around in here a bit & thought I would say G'day & start my ZX7 / ZXR 750 build thread, Its not going to be anything extraordinary compared to some of the bikes in here but hopefully with a bit of input, advice & inspiration from here it may go a bit further
Trying to keep it on a budget but I want the best of everything if you can get my drift? Bit hard to do but it will get there eventually

I bought a neglected 94 model & took it home & started stripping it as soon as I got it in the shed, Only took about 1/2 an hour to make it naked & put all the left over parts in a pile
I started cleaning it & polishing the frame etc

This is my list which will be edited as I go along

Bar mounts RHK
Bars FLY AERO TAPERED Carbon Fiber Sno X Mountain Bend 20 Degree (part# 18-95298C)
Grips Pro-Grip 732
Levers Shorty CNC Black
Brake & clutch hoses HEL - Kawasaki Lime Green
Headlight - Polisport MMX
Digital speedo - Trailtech Vapor Stealth 752-600 & 022-PDA Dash
Headers Delkevic Stainless ZX9R
Muffler Danmoto JISU ZX9R
520 Front Sprocket Renthal Ultralight 15 tooth
520 Rear Sprocket AFAM 45 tooth
520 Chain EK MVXZ
LED blinkers
LED Taillight
Billet mirror mounts
Koso GT mirrors
Team Skeen Racing Delrin swingarm crash protector spools / bobbins

Air filter UNI OEM style NU-2376
Rear brake pads EBC FA161HH
Throttle cable Motion Pro 03-0214

Dyna Ignition
DDK2-7 programmable performance ignition
DC1-2 3.0 OHM Dual output mini coils
DW-800 Grey silicone 8mm leads
K&N KN303 Oil Filter
Hot Cams Shim Kit HCSHIM01

Parts im looking for>

ZX7R 2001 P Forks FITTED
ZX7R Front brake calipers - $50US With EBC FA158 HH brake pads FITTED
ZX7R Lower triple clamp - $25US FITTED
ZX7R Front guard FITTED
ZXR 750 RR Race style single / solo seat tail fairing - $130 incl freight FITTED

ZX7 Shock
ZX7 Rear brake caliper
ZX7 Swingarm

Smaller / lighter Battery, SSB / superstartbattery.com.au ( SKYRICH ) LITX9BS LITHIUM ION ULTRALITE

First thing to just about any fighter is to get some MX style or similar drag bars etc on it
I happened to have some brand new cheap crappy MX bars laying round to get started & mock it up
Took a lot of measurements, Marked it out & drilled the top clamp, I then hand made some spacers out of 20mm billet aluminium to fit in the triple clamp recess perfectly basically to help spread some weight & strengthen it up a bit more

I slid some RHK MX style 1-1/8" 28.6mm fatbar mounts in
Felt like it was heading in the right direction straight away, Much more comfortable seating position with MX bars anyway

the next part was the exhaust simply because the old one was getting a little bit rusty at the headers mostly & it had been modified near the muffler so I got rid of it all & went with some new ZX9 stainless Delkevic headers & a cheap Danmoto ZX9 Jisu muffler setup

I chose a Polisport MMX headlight mainly for the weight reduction, They pretty much dont weigh anything compared to the stock headlight & mounts etc anyway
I have since upgraded the MMX 35W/35W bulb to a Cree LED bulb that has Hi/Lo beam & fits straight in & is much brighter
Some Pro-grip 732 grips sporting some lovely green
I got some cheap chinesey billet shorty black levers from the2wheels.com on Ebay for about $30 incl postage
Going with green HEL clutch & brake hoses too
Flushed out & painted the radiator at this stage

NINJAINOZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived NINJAINOZ!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Mr Bear
Fighter In Training
Mr Bear's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Mr Bear is a good noobieMr Bear is a good noobie
Default Re: 94 ZX7 / AUS ZXR 750 L STREETFIGHTER

Looks awesome. Good job
Mr Bear is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
NINJAINOZ
Noobie
NINJAINOZ is a NOOB

Thanks Mr B
That is probably just the 1st stage mock up

I fab'd a speedo mount out of sheet aluminium to fit a Trailtech Vapor ( STEALTH ) speedo & Trailtech dash / surround
Was not keen on moving the ignition / key barrel so the speedo mount is now fitted in between the triple clamp & the ignition, Had to shave a few mm off the 2 ignition mount points for the steering lock to work still, Very easy mod really, All up very lightweight compared to the stock speedo & dash setup

The Tacho works great, I am still sorting out the speedo sensor mounting etc

With the speedo completed & ready & waiting to be fitted I started on the next part

The next upgrade was the front brakes & forks, I got hold of a set of later model 6 piston calipers & sold my stock 94 four piston calipers for just a bit less, The later front calipers also had pretty fresh EBC FA188HH brake pads already fitted, They were easily worth the $50 I paid for both calipers

I also sold the forks & put in a little bit more money & got a set of later model ZX7 2000 model forks which included the needed later model lower triple clamp & of course did the same with the front guard, Out with the old & in with the........well slightly newer!

As soon as I received the forks (which did not take long to get here all the way from the USA) I started to clean them up & polish the lower sections, I removed the silver coating with 240 wet & dry then worked down through the grades to 800 grit wet & dry then went over them with some polish on a rag & wulla, They have not been near a polishing wheel of any kind

The pics basically show a before & after but both fork legs are done now & look sweet

http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/...ps37c14ac8.jpg

This user High Fived NINJAINOZ!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
cookymon
A baby stole my dingo!

Senior Fighterer
cookymon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
cookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond reputecookymon has a reputation beyond repute

Lookin good mate.
cookymon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:30 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 18 Times in 14 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

thats a nice start you have there

KEEP THE FIGHT ALIVE! CUSTOMFIGHTERS FOR LIFE
if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_black View Post
I'm in about the same boat. Only when I get depressed I daydream about going all ghost rider on your 170hp srad....
build thread
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
F'dup
GURU

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:30 AM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!F'dup is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looking good so far!
Do you have any pictures of the light output in the dark with the led bulb? I know those 35w bulbs are useless lol. The led sounds like it could be a good solution...

In progress now DR650 supermotard build! <-----Click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsoil929 View Post
Should be strong enough. Especially if you lube the wood well enough. Should'nt have an issue sliding right out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
...it's not big but it's pretty deep, I saw some fatty tissue before the blood came.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
NINJAINOZ
Noobie
NINJAINOZ is a NOOB

Thanks guy's
This is where i got the bulb from (They are on ebay) Pretty fast postage from the UK to Aus too>
http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/ba20dc...-quad-395.html

HID would probably be a bit better but I wanted something that would just fit in without stuffing around modifying for now, I dont have any pics of the cree light output yet but there is a few videos on youtube to give you a bit of an idea>

Google here too>
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=l...w=1067&bih=471
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
NINJAINOZ
Noobie
NINJAINOZ is a NOOB

I recently bought some Dyna coils & leads, A worth while upgrade, I thought the near 20 year old coils were fine because it started fine (even without the choke) & seemed to run good, After fitting the Dyna coils I realized the old coils were not working nowhere near as good as the Dyna coils, I fired it up & instantly noticed it sounded stronger & even idled a few hundred RPM faster & I certainly had not touched the idle adjustment, I had to wind the idle down after fitting the new coils

DC1-2

DW-800
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
NINJAINOZ
Noobie
NINJAINOZ is a NOOB

I was looking at different ways to tidy up the brake & clutch reservoirs so for a quick & cheap easy way to get it done I shortened the hoses & started to fab some mounting brackets for the reservoirs

I found some different billet reservoirs varying in price from here in Aus, China & USA but was not real keen on any of them especially for the price, I found some very nice billet reservoirs that an Aus ASF forum member bought from Germany & I had to get one to try out
They are a very very nice product & only take a few minutes to install
Damn nice polished finished with an almost invisible cap fitment
They would be nice in a black finish also, They will suit most Nissan master cylinders that use the circlip style fitting

I have just ordered another one for the clutch master cylinder (Exactly the same for both sides) & I am in the process of sorting out a matching rear reservoir

Cant wait to get some pics of all of them fitted

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
NINJAINOZ
Noobie
NINJAINOZ is a NOOB

I will have a matching rear master cylinder reservoir soon too>

These should suit many other bikes including ZX9 ZX7 maybe ZX6 & GSXR BUELL etc etc, Rear master cylinders that have the circlip style reservoir fitting

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes