Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

stella EVO

11K views 94 replies 22 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
slowly i have been transforming this skank into a proper street lady.

The latest plan:
some hefty 46mm RWU forks
conventional to radial tokico 4 pots
(temporary engine) gsx600f oil cooled
zephyr 1100 piggyback reservoir shocks (like zrx but vintage)
ducati sport classic (paul smart) fairing
undertail exhaust under a kz1000 duct tail

dreamed up some plans (some of which are just dreams)

The end game is still boosting the gsxr1057 blow thru style.
hopefully i can use some vacation time this holiday season to make some solid progress on it.

See less See more
#2 ·

some pathetic pictures. I swear this has probably spent more time as a bare frame than riding the past 2 years.

I need some encouragement guys :D

i have a connection with a salvage guy...Short version of the story, I got some of the famed ducati sport classic wide spoke wheels for $250. IDK if i'll use them on this project though.

#4 ·
Get the fuck out here $250 for those you lucky bastard. With all the time you'll be putting into this build I think she deserves sport classic wheels. If not I'll take them off your hands

#5 ·
i have to take the tires off though. The guy wanted $750 with tires. I heckled him down and worked out a deal sans tires. I might use them on the chop though. I have a strange hard on for the 900rr 6 spokes. Slightly softer chub for spokes.

The rotors are going to kill me. I haven't found a decent set less than $350. I will not skimp on brakes.

#7 ·
I would have bought them for that!!!!! Damn you!!!!! My friend just text me he bought the same rims with rotors for $300 shipped in going to rob him

#15 ·
Did those wheels have chrome rims, or aluminum?
Interesting hub design...
I've seen both, on various versions of classics through the few years they were made. I was going to go the wire wheel route on my TR/GT750 project, till I found another set of Dymags...

Don't give up on it.....it looks like it's going to be a LONG COLD winter, with plenty of time to get something on the road for spring.....
.......late spring with probable snow still in April around here :(

#16 ·
Snow till April?!?!?!? Fuck that it was 73 here today and will stay that way till mid December when it'll high 30s at night and high 50s during the day. That's my cold lol.

And knowing UF this build will be looking crazy sexy and 95% done and he'll move in to something else and take the parts off this to put in the other build.

I personally hope you finish through with Stella I know You can make the drawings look like crap compared to the finished project.

#20 ·
And knowing UF this build will be looking crazy sexy and 95% done and he'll move in to something else and take the parts off this to put in the other build.

I personally hope you finish through with Stella I know You can make the drawings look like crap compared to the finished project.
i will, i'll never get rid of it. I work so slow, my mind changes often. I am changing the swingarm because i don't wanna look to much like the zrx. I actually am debating the zrx reservoir shocks as well.

I have some xr1200r shocks somewhere in my parts stash

#18 ·
glad to see you are still going on this. I remember the renders you made years ago...... they are sooo much more professional looking now. You and stella have come a long way.... congrats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.