Shaft Drive to Chain Drive conversion - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

DIY A how to section for the members, by the members!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shaft Drive to Chain Drive conversion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
thasick1
Sicko
CF Addict
thasick1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 29 Times in 26 Posts
thasick1 is well likedthasick1 is well likedthasick1 is well likedthasick1 is well likedthasick1 is well likedthasick1 is well likedthasick1 is well liked
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Shaft Drive to Chain Drive conversion

Anybody know where to get some walk throughs or kits for this process? I'm looking at an GS1100 shaft and converting it to chain...
thasick1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Dudad
GURU
CF Addict
Dudad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:26 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Dudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friendsDudad is making some friends
Default Re: Shaft Drive to Chain Drive conversion

i didnt even know it was possible......is it even worth the hassle??

Originally Posted by haelo
"I guess I'm unique in not wanting to get stupid-people-germs on me."

Yeah I ride a katana, SO WHAT>!>

Dudad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
Ruff
Rable Rable Rable
Ruff's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 138 Times in 105 Posts
Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Well since a shaft output is on the back of the case instead of the side, I think you'd need a different engine. Probably a new swingarm too, unless you are a badass machinist with a lot of free time.

Whats wrong with keeping the shaft?
Ruff is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:26 AM
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light

look at this:

http://www.thechopperunderground.com...howtopic=28629

best i could come up with. i know it's been done, but i've never even atttempted it myself. granted that thread is on a chopper forum, but it might give you some ideas.

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Ammadien
ZUK ATTaCK

CF Pimp
Ammadien's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 2008 Streetfighter Buildoff - 2nd Place Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

^

Says you have to log in, for me anyway.

Nate
Ammadien is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold

dont tell this guy i did it

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...100%20chopper/

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
Britjoe
British Bloke in Canada
CF Addict
Britjoe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 13 Times in 11 Posts
Britjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to beholdBritjoe is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

you would be better off buying a GS11 chain drive the cost is phonominal on that project, they do make kits for Yamaha VMax's but the reason for that is cause they never made a chain drive VMAX, I say sell it and buy what you want a Chain drive GS1100

Females are nothing but Trouble, Motorcycles let you ride them with no guilt and all they ask you for is Gas Money.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=161&dateline=12497875  35
Britjoe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
lol, i won't tell.

see that machine work though? damn, dude's got way too many toys at his disposal.

what a waste, he stuck a virago motor in there (virago is a dirty word at pretty much every shop i've ever worked at)

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived skr00zloose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2008, 05:25 AM   #9
jedi
Noobie
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jedi is a NOOB

what a waste, he stuck a virago motor in there (virago is a dirty word at pretty much every shop i've ever worked at)

No, it's not a Virago motor. XVS1100 (Vstar)
jedi is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
1%er
Charlie don't ride

Senior Fighterer
1%er's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
1%er is well liked1%er is well liked1%er is well liked1%er is well liked1%er is well liked1%er is well liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britjoe View Post
you would be better off buying a GS11 chain drive the cost is phonominal on that project, they do make kits for Yamaha VMax's but the reason for that is cause they never made a chain drive VMAX, I say sell it and buy what you want a Chain drive GS1100
What he said !

Remember where you are. This is THUNDERDOME !
Death is listening, and will take the first man who screams.
1%er is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY