Craft RX6 Review - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Product Reviews
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Product Reviews If you have purchased a motorcycle related product recently, let us know what you think of it!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Craft RX6 Review

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Default Craft RX6 Review

Just got my Craft RX6 Matte black yesterday, thought I'd post up some first impressions.

First off, it looks HOT. The "snout" doesn't stick out as long as what is percieved in pics, to me at least. And the overall shell construction seems very solid.

The Matte finish is really neat, its almost like a rubberized coat put on it. I'm not sure how it'll hold up to nicks and scratches, but its black so they shouldn't stand out too much.

The fit:
It goes on quite easily, but the getting it off can be tricky. I find it pulls my ears quite a bit unless I'm careful taking it off. I'm glad I didn't opt for the smaller size or it might rip an ear off taking it off.

Chin strap:
2 interesting things. First is the clip-style strap. I was excited about this originally cus I was tired of messing with D-rings. The clip is of solid construction, but it takes a little finess to get it unplugged. I'm sure with some practice it will come like 2nd nature to me though. Its solid though, and something I doubt would fail.

The other interesting thing is the strap locaiton. The strap feels like its mounted further back, so that it feel like it goes a little more "around your neck" than just under your chin. Again, its not a bad thing, I just notice that its in a different place than my old helmet.

There is good padding on he strap which is nice.

Visor:
I havn't removed mine yet because I'm not sure how and don't want to break it. I've read its easy, but I've never used the quick release kind before. The visor clicks in place, it holds its positions VERY well, which is nice. But it IS very clackety when you move the visor up and down.

All in all I'm very satisfied with it, though I have yet to take it for a spin since its February now. The sizing chart they provide seems to be pretty accurate (measure like you would a headband). I took a large by their chart, and the large I have fits. It could be a little more snug, but with the "ear issue" I mentioned earlier I think if I went to a size smaller I would end up killing my ears every time I took it off.

I'll post pics here shortly if anyone is interested.

Built Not Bought

The project never ends...

My B12 Build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=Candymans+B12
R6 Build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=51178

My Fighters:
98 Bandit 1200 - 05 ZZR 600(for sale) - 89 Ninja 250 - 84 GS750E-with Hack
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Moto-Madness
I own the corners

CF Pimp
Moto-Madness's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
Moto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud of
Default Re: Craft RX6 Review

Moto-Madness is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
RCPLAYLAND
My profile is NWS.
CF Addict
RCPLAYLAND's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
RCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of lightRCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of lightRCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of lightRCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of lightRCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of lightRCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of lightRCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of lightRCPLAYLAND is a glorious beacon of light

Click Here for MySpace Website Custom Streetfighters Rock!
Vote Ron Paul for pres in 08
RCPLAYLAND is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Moto-Madness
I own the corners

CF Pimp
Moto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud ofMoto-Madness has much to be proud of

To remove the visor, open the visor all the way up. There are little sliders which you can put the tip of your finger in right below the visor but the hinge. Slide it down and it will release the clips holding the visor to the helmet.
Moto-Madness is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
The Green Lantern
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The Green Lantern's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 116 Times in 99 Posts
The Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant future

:ttiw wop:
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all

Alright alright, I'll snap a few pics at lunch... sheesh you guys whine more than my daughter

Thanks njsgxr.

Built Not Bought

My Fighters:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Moto-Madness
I own the corners

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Alright alright, I'll snap a few pics at lunch... sheesh you guys whine more than my daughter

Thanks njsgxr.
Haha. The same pics are in my thread for the group buy haha. I stare at a room filled of these helmets everyday. Just wish they were all my size haha
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp

Here ya go... they're B&W

My kid wasn't real thrilled with trying it on though. She'll learn to like a helmet soon enough

Built Not Bought

My Fighters:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
Moto-Madness
I own the corners

CF Pimp

Kickass. haha
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
eZdoesit
I shit awesomeness
eZdoesit's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 41 Times in 34 Posts
eZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant futureeZdoesit has a brilliant future

lol look at them lil rosey cheeks

R.I.P Gavin "The GREENCHEEZEATA" Butts & Michele "Madmadame" Monroe. you will both be missed, and never forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
Strip the motherfucker down. Mod the motherfucker up. Ride the motherfucking tits off it...
-Expect the best, be prepared for the worst, fuck what others think & do your own thing.
eZdoesit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Product Reviews