Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

XJR - a short Story of an old Lady...

33K views 99 replies 23 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
I hope you like it ;-)
At the beginning there was a ZRX Fairing, a Schüle Exhaust and the back of XJR 1300...

The first cut is the deepest...

USD Fork from FZR 1000 and MAB Exhaust

followed by a large Dragbar and a new Fairing

See less See more
#3 ·
...thinking of buying a new Exhaust but without Money ??? :-( so I decided to cut off the Original Pipes (I call them "Shortys") and bought at Ebay a Backlight from Yamaha Aerox Scooter in Audi R8 Design

next Change was the mounting of a Steering Damper...the Lady got a brandnew driving Feeling on the Highway!

2 Pics, first going with a good Friend to Garda Lake in Italy and second taken on a Fighter Meeting

Time went by and I got it !!!!!! A complete Akrapovic Exhaust !!!

#4 ·
Akrapovic Exhaust gave a new dimension of power to my Bike, in 2001 I mounted a Tuning Kit by Stephen Topham,so I got 131 Horsepowers but a Friend mounted Mikuni TMR 40 flat Carbs (he drives Akrapovic too) and driving was magnificent....so I did it...

after some little "Modernisation" (Fatbar and new Turning Lights) I got the chance to get a nearly new Engine of an XJR 1300 (only 23500 Kilometers) so I made a great Heart-Transplantation...

old

naked

new

complete

#20 ·
That is a beautiful bike, always love the thicker triple trees. I think she has just the right amount of shiney and black.:drinks:

#24 ·
Just saw this and really loving it! The whole bike is pretty close to what I have imagined my next project might look once finished. Only missing the bike, space, money and time ATM, nothing major :)