Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - October 2019 Fighter of the Month Entry Thread
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
make that thing forkless
forks and valves... WTF?
Senior Fighterer
make that thing forkless's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!make that thing forkless is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: October 2019 Fighter of the Month Entry Thread

Okay, I'm up for a good fight.... so I'll throw my latest build into the ring. I think every FoTM should include a 2-stroker... so I present to you Julian's Dirty Rat!

The bike was built for this years Dirtbag Challenge with the guidelines of $2000(US) build budget (which I admittedly went over just a bit, but no one at DBC cared), and 2 month build window.... so as the name suggests, its a bit raty!

Some details:

Engine:

Yamaha Banshee (similar RZ350 minus the YPVS), rebuilt with fresh hone, new seals and gaskets.
Carbs: stock w/ pod filters
Heads: stock with reshaped combustion chambers by Brian Turfery
Exhaust: Lassak expansion chambers modified to GP style and better fit to the chassis.

Chassis:

Frame: RZ350 heavily chopped.
Swingarm: custom, with similar length and shape to TZR250. Dual shock.
Front suspension: custom girder with dual shocks.
Front calipers and master: R6
Rear caliper and master: SV650
Shocks (x4): Yamaha / Ohlins from Yamaha SRX snowmobile. Hyperco springs.
Wheels: front GSXR, rear SV650 w/GS500 cush drive hub.
Rear sub-frame: custom and includes a rear rack (the DBC ride included 2 nights of camping so needed a way to secure camping gear).
Foot controls: GSXR
CNC parts: (triple clamp w/tach mount, axle eccentrics, front caliper / shock mounts) from secret CNC vendor in China (dirt cheap!)

Body:

Tank: R6
Seat: R6
Headlight: mini-oval
Tail light: no idea what its off of? Somehow ended up in a box of parts. (anyone recognize what bike its from?)

Build thread here: https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=137258

First or second photo for judging.

Thanks!

[IMG]20190901_070725 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0729 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190824_182200 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0662 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0679 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190901_070048 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20190821_181200 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]dirty rat bike 4.1 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]
make that thing forkless is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived make that thing forkless!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!