Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #93
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
That looks like a positive voltage regulator but I'm not seeing a rectifier so it might well be you got a DC dynamo rather than an alternator.

Do you see markings on it like NTE 931 or sth like that?
I can post the suzuki part number in a bit. Other than that I'd have to clean it up further and try to see whats under the paint to see if there are any additional markings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
So what parts do you "need" then Dean? It's not like we all aren't sitting on a bunch of misc parts. I know I am
rear axle spacer (between drum and swingarm) for a kz. Here's the kicker. I don't know the year or size of kz that the arm and wheel are off off. Ill measure the gap and post it.

end seals and/or washers for the swingarm (at the pivot bolt)
kick stand and spring

bushings for the shocks to properly fit the KZ frame and swingarm (posts on the Magna were larger, need to make new metal bushings to go in the rubber bushings and sit to the KZ without slop) - these will need to be custom. I'll get dimensions later today hopefully.

front brake calipers, lines, and master for 82 GS850. The '80 GS1000 that I pulled the calipers off of had the wheel mounted to the front of the fork instead of the bottom. The brackets on the 1k calipers don't line up on the 850 forks.

throttle assembly

handlebars - I know what I want, but at this point I'll take any bars that aren't bent up, can always change it later

tank - I've got my old Fat Bob tanks back from Rat, but they're just as funky as they were before. The one side needs an entire section welded in. Might be easier to just find a new pair

seat - anything really. full KZ seat, cut down KZ seat, random Harley seat. Don't matter. Something to bolt in or reshape.

rear fender - I can prolly find something suitable local. I wasn't looking for rear fenders when I was at the yard, but looking back I'm pretty sure there was a fender or 3 that would have worked, so not really counting this as a need.

chain - not even close to ready for chain yet, but it's a future need. I think rat said the existing chain hanging off the 400 was 520 chain. Not sure what the sprocket on the back wheel is, but the rear sprocket is on my list of maintenance items anyway.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!