Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Engine Rebuild, Honing and piston ring question?!
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:44 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Engine Rebuild, Honing and piston ring question?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
Obviously replace the base, head, and valve cover gaskets, along with any o-rings you have access to, like the oil pipe in the head and the external oil pipe on the front of the head.

Other things to check are valve clearances, camshaft lobes, cam chain and tensioner, chain guides, spark plugs and gap...

If they haven't been replaced, I'd change the carb holders (16065-1129) because they are cheap and they tend to harden with age and can crack and cause problems.

If you are ordering a lot of OE parts, I've found http://www.partzilla.com/ to have some of the best prices on OEM parts.

I think the piston rings on these bikes need to be installed in a particular order and I'm pretty sure the top rings have a side that points up.

Nice one Larry! Repped!
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!