Next up was the VFR800 swingarm. I had to machine off about 12mm on the right side to get it to fit in but that only left enough room for 1 of the 2 bearings and the seal.
Ideally I could have just machined the recess deeper and fitted the original 2 bearings but my skills and equipment aren't anywhere near good enough, so I came up with a solution that I could manage. I found a bearing with the same ID but smaller OD. In a perfect world that OD would have been the same as the swingarm ID, but that would be too easy, so I made a sleeve/insert to hold them. It's a press fit into the arm but I'll put a spot of weld on it to ensure it stays in place.
To fill in the gap where the VFR motor would usually be I found and modded an old swingarm pivot sleeve.