Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Uktech1's CBR6/9/12VFRR or Hondanstein's Monster
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #4
Uktech1
Newbie but not new

Fighter
Uktech1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:17 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Uktech1's CBR6/9/12VFRR or Hondanstein's Monster

Next up was the VFR800 swingarm. I had to machine off about 12mm on the right side to get it to fit in but that only left enough room for 1 of the 2 bearings and the seal.

Ideally I could have just machined the recess deeper and fitted the original 2 bearings but my skills and equipment aren't anywhere near good enough, so I came up with a solution that I could manage. I found a bearing with the same ID but smaller OD. In a perfect world that OD would have been the same as the swingarm ID, but that would be too easy, so I made a sleeve/insert to hold them. It's a press fit into the arm but I'll put a spot of weld on it to ensure it stays in place.

To fill in the gap where the VFR motor would usually be I found and modded an old swingarm pivot sleeve.

Uktech1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!