Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Spoked wheels on modern sportbike?
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
Danbuc
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
CF Lover
Danbuc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:41 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 15 Times in 13 Posts
Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Spoked wheels on modern sportbike?

Many modern bikes running spoked wheel run tubeless tires with tubes. Prime example is the Metzlers on my Thruxton. It's got spoked excels and the tires are labeled as tubeless.

The spoked wheel in the link to the french site are tubeless wheels. The ends of the spokes have a round bar that sits in a captured housing, of which line the inner diameter of the hoop. Since the spokes don't screw into the hoop, there's no way to lose air. It's not as pretty as a tradition spoked wheel, but it is functional.

Alpina also makes tubeless spoked wheels as well.

I would have loved to have found a spoked rear wheel for my 748. I'm sure it was possible but for the cost these companies want...not worth it.

Like jarrad mentioned, Duc SC wheels are the cheapest way to go and will work on lots of bikes.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't trust a strip of silicone on a wheel prone to flexing to keep the air in my tire. That just sounds dumb. I'm sure it works ok for a while, but if it wasn't designed to hold air...putting goo on it is just not the right way to do it.

Ride'em like ya stole'em
Danbuc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!