Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

F-it, why not? Took the Bandit to the track....

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ROBBO 
#1 ·
... she did awesome! A little slow in the straights against the super sports, but I would make good gains and even pass some people (the ones who also were still very novice, like myself) around the twisties.

There was like 20 people, I started and finished at the middle- towards the end of the pack.... cant even be disappointed as I wasn't expecting to ever hit the track this year, not with this bike lol. Never thought i'd see globs of melted rubber on the front tires lol

I'll post more pics as I get there, here is a teaser (also will post GoPro vid)

also, lol... I had to figure a way to get my exhaust secured. I almost ran the sucker without it...but I was so against it that at the last second before my mock race, I drilled a bolt through it, and secured it so it wasnt going anywhere.

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL currently looking a track ready bikes. Found a steal on a 07 gixxer 600 for 2k with history of service from reputable shop....

but I dont know if that's an aggressive purchase for myself considering I just moved here to CO. Probably better off with a newer R6 that i've always wanted and have it streetable, but capable of seeing the track here & there.

so yeah, hooked.

#8 ·
And 2 days later he's gone and purchased a dedicated track bike :rock:

#10 ·
Yeah lol. Looks like a pretty decent machine too.

(Sorry to spoil your surprise, G)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.