Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - What was your last purchase?
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 01:16 AM   #3221
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:56 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
I bought a set of those rebuilt by CL (Chris Livengood) Mototech for my ‘78 Kz1000. He goes through and fixes most of the issues with them. I’ve only used them for mock-up so I can’t comment on ride quality.

Later, Doug
Edit: I find his site this morning. Thanks for the heads up, Doug.
I did some reading on those shocks, and yeah, some guys fix them up nice. I foundone short blog and I don't know if it's the same guy you know or not. As delivered they are kinda sloppy ( like random air charges and fluid levels), but some basic fiddling can whip them in to shape easily. They use bending shims, so the sky is the limit on tuning ride quality, if needed.

My other options was $300+ for a pair of basic Hagons that could never be tuned, or $1500+ for "good" shocks. I'm looking forward to playing with these shocks. I would be interested in any info you have about the guy who worked your shocks.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!