Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Do I just not get it or what
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 12:32 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Do I just not get it or what

I rarely bother to comment or do much on Facebook but this article popped up and I had to say something. This was a reposted article by your average middle class white female and they were talking about how physically Ill they were after reading this post, and how it brought them to tears that this man can't leave his house without being in fear of his safety, etcetera etcetera.

Here's the original post:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00001121503228

I replied that this post is sensationalist nonsense and that this guy was unnecessarily scaring people and perpetuating racist behaviour. Hell he talks for no less than 17 sentences about how he knows hes going to die and how hes justifying and planning out his resist of arrest.

My point was that if you read the story without all the trigger word bullshit and the emotional emphasis there is no story here. The cops were polite and respectful, apologized for inconveniencing him, and communicated that they were just doing their job and he matched the description. And nothing happened.

I did law enforcement stuff for a bit, there's no way I could do it today.

But apparently I just dont get it because I'm supposed to feel sorry and lament that we still have problems with race and that if you are a different color you live in fear as soon as you leave your house. I get that this does still legitimately happen, but it's not the norm and content like this IMO just continues to perpetuate a problem that should have died already.

Did I fall off my rocker or what.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived imsolidstate!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!