Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Quit trying to turbocharge little bikes on a budget
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #86
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:33 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: Quit trying to turbocharge little bikes on a budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Wrench Cycles View Post
I call bullshit. You would have to show me dyno printouts and a video of the bike being dynoed and even then i wouldnt believe it...

NRHS, who specializes in high performance buell parts for the XB's, tubers, and blasts has a full race blast with a huge big bore kit(had to bore the cases to fit it), high compression piston, cams, headwork, igntion, Mikuni Carb, etc.. and theres only dynoed out to 50HP. I was talking to them today about a custom piston and they have never seen a blast with anywhere close to 70HP...

If i was to make 75Hp with a blast engine, being as its one half of a sportster, that would be the equivelant of making 150HP+ with a sportster except for the fact that its even harder to make that HP with a long stroke single and IMPOSSIBLE on a naturally aspirated one...

Dont forget dynos lie... Its as simple as changing a couple numbers on your corrections and you can magically gain X ammount of HP.... Also any dyno runs he did dont mean shit if he didnt do a before and after dyno on the SAME dynamometer... Two different dynos will read two different HP.

If dynos lie then why do you want to see one

I dont remember specifics but i will do some digging. Remember i didnt build it, just vaguely remember it
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!