Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Boneheads V-tec
Thread: Boneheads V-tec
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2019, 01:10 AM   #45
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 01:29 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Boneheads V-tec

I had another go at making the caliper bracket, same drill, same vice,
different attitude, different cutting implement, used a hole saw mainly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C.F.45.1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	104394

This time I concentrated on accuracy, slowed down and thought about what and where
I was cutting.

Name:	C.F.45.2.jpg
Size:	882.0 KB
ID:	104396

Made sure I set the depth gauge on the drill and pulled the piece out and regularly measured as well with some verniers.

Name:	C.F.45.3.jpg
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	104398

The hole saw cut a lot quicker, I could bulk it out with overlapping passes and then finish
the bases with a finer cut for a smoother finish.
I used a grinder and a belt sander to chop the perimeter and some hand files to smooth of the internal curves and changed the design of the lower section.

Name:  C.F.45.4.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  45.0 KB

I accidently put a nick in the bracket whilst running the saw over the the top so I tried sanding it down, but its to deep, so it's now a feature of hand crafted toil.

Name:	C.F.45.5.jpg
Size:	762.2 KB
ID:	104402

Wet and dry has made it so smooth, it feels good, if it was smaller I'd tie a rope around it and wear it as a necklace.........nah I don't think so

I bought new 310mm CBR1100xx with postage $255, final mounting holes will be measured, marked and drilled and taped when they arrive and fitted.

Now, just have to make another mirror imaged piece for the other side, very happy with the way this one has turned out after my pitiful first attempt.
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived bonehead!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!