I had another go at making the caliper bracket, same drill, same vice,
different attitude, different cutting implement, used a hole saw mainly.
This time I concentrated on accuracy, slowed down and thought about what and where
I was cutting.
Made sure I set the depth gauge on the drill and pulled the piece out and regularly measured as well with some verniers.
The hole saw cut a lot quicker, I could bulk it out with overlapping passes and then finish
the bases with a finer cut for a smoother finish.
I used a grinder and a belt sander to chop the perimeter and some hand files to smooth of the internal curves and changed the design of the lower section.
I accidently put a nick in the bracket whilst running the saw over the the top so I tried sanding it down, but its to deep, so it's now a feature of hand crafted toil.
Wet and dry has made it so smooth, it feels good, if it was smaller I'd tie a rope around it and wear it as a necklace.........nah I don't think so
I bought new 310mm CBR1100xx with postage $255, final mounting holes will be measured, marked and drilled and taped when they arrive and fitted.
Now, just have to make another mirror imaged piece for the other side, very happy with the way this one has turned out after my pitiful first attempt.