Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Kids ATV into crosskart project
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:46 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Kids ATV into crosskart project

Probly not the proper forum for this but couldn't find a better one either so what the hell...

So I got this kids ATV from my neighbour for free so couldn't turn it down, upon closer examination it was quickly quite clear it would cost me more to fix this than to buy a slightly used but working one so I decided to chop this one up and make a crosskart out of it for my and my sister's boys to arse around in the field at my mom's.

Here's the frame stripped bare. Looks like somebody has had fun with it, not a straight bit on it.

A very rough test of how long it needs to be for the driver's feet to clear the front tires at full lock. Looking at around 70cm of added tube minus the overlay so the actual stretch would be somewhere around 40:ish cm. The first question I have is how much will it affect the performance of the rear shock to be mounted almost vertical instead of in a 45° angle as it was before? Will it be harder or softer? The pivot point on the rear shock isn't that much higher from the hinge point so I don't reckon it should cause it to go limp near full compression if the pivot point would be moving more forward than upward.

First bigger decision to make is will I split the front suspension in half to make the thing wider and shorter or leave it as is. It's sort of narrow-ish for being so long but I suppose within reason. My main fear is if I widen the front I'm gonna have to widen the rear too and since that's nothing more than a single axel on a swingarm making it awfully wide could make this thing too hard to turn for small kids.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!