Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

bespoke parts gallery ?

16K views 65 replies 29 participants last post by  rabies 
#1 ·
how about a picture heavy thread , just to give ideas and inspiration ?

for martin, he who is one half of dynotech ecosse , where i get to keep my machines

i think it looks quite smart

See less See more
#35 ·
All you guys have inspired me a ton in my building!

Always wanted to post something here ... so here are my very first projects! I am still learning so nothing earth shattering like you guys make yet :D Just touched a lathe for the first time 3 months ago!

Brake clampy things

Front brake res

Manual cam chain tensioner

Gauge and idiot light shroud

Mini 2" mirror bar-end mounts

Rear axle spacer

#53 ·
nice work, streetfighterkz, nothing wrong with manual mills, I spent 7 years on em before I touched a CNC, on simpler jobs, I print out the CAD onto a4 laser decal pages and stick directly to the plate, then bandsaw and linish with a small 1" belt sander to shape, its surprisingly accurate as you can get actual size prints to work too..and all on free cadware too

#58 ·
In Murica VTR = superchicken...i mean Firehawk. RVT = RC51

#60 · (Edited)
Here's a cable splitter I made. Bike came with an twin cable throttle, one for each carb. Syncing was done by adjusting the small adjuster in middle of the cable, very fiddly. Again I couldn't find a commercially available splitter I liked, so I made this splitter and some adjusters to sync with. I binned the BS38 carbs so the splitter went in the no longer required box. Machining done on the the lathe, the step was milled on my small BF20 mill. Knurling done using a scissor knurler I made several years ago. As it was mounted under the tank it was a waste of time polishing it, so I anodised it in an anodising Bath I put together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.