Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

CB rat / cafe

90K views 415 replies 106 participants last post by  rabies 
#1 ·
CB750F rat / fighter

Hey guys, Just joined today to post some pics of my bike. I have not owned a bike since 96. Before that I had all the ninjas, GSXRs, V-max, etc. I was surfing the net and discovered rat bikes and street fighters. I got the bug and went out looking for a cheap, solid bike I could screw around with and make my own monster. I found a 1981 CB750F for $700.00. Then I proceded to destroy it. But now it is my custom creation and I love it.

Basically I just put on clubman cafe bars, blacked out the wheels, gave her a nice flat black spray job, cut of the rear end, cut the seat in half, tossed out the fenders and rear pegs, cut the shocks and lowered it. I just have to get rid of that huge tailight for a small one and I should be about done. Just rigged up the rear light so I could take her for a spin.

Also, let me say that I have no mechanical ability and am proud to call myself a "hack". I was just excited that it started and all the lights worked when I was done. I see that most guys on here are very talented and create cool bikes. I just wanted to tinker in the garage and get away from the WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#391 ·
The punisher represented at a memorial ride this weekend. Great day:D:rock:

#392 ·
No more dents:D

#394 ·
Thank you sir. Built it back in 2010 and it has evolved for sure:D:D

#396 ·
:blbl::blbl::D:D

Reactions: 929_adam
#397 ·
It looks great. Digging that classic muscle feel. I’m (hopefully) starting on my dads old kz1000 this year with a little help from a friend. Very similar feel.
I guess no wheelies on this bad larry tho huh? Fender would be in immediate collision.

#398 ·
I guess no wheelies on this bad larry tho huh? Fender would be in immediate collision.
I mounted that oil cooler up front for the Fast Freddy mode haha back in like 2012 I think. Never any issues with fender clearance. But in all honesty no wheelies, I think it would be in jeopardy maybe in that situation. I did a bunch of testing when I mounted it and basically the bars would need to be at full lock to one side or the other and front suspension would need to be at full compression to cause the front fender to impact either of the line fittings. If that scenario came about I would have more problems to worry about than the fender hitting haha. But thanx for the comps :). So far so good after 8 years:D

Ok, scrolled back in thread, yes December 2011 is when I mounted it. I was way off thinking I mounted it in 2012 haha

#399 ·
Had the kids out the other day. Hope everyone is well:D

#401 ·
Reactions: 929_adam
#402 ·
#405 ·
The old yoshi was beat up and tired. Went for an upgrade. Dennis Zickrick / Mark McGraw M3 racing stainless Steel replica of the 82 Freddy Spencer superbike 750F race pipe. Work of art

Sounds good as well

https://youtu.be/5CM4BwGxD7I

:rock:

#409 ·
There is a link at bottom of pics to video

Reactions: Gixooligan
#410 ·
So i lost some ground clearance with the new pipe and didn’t want to bash it in. So i had Seb at SebSpeed customs make me a new top triple with a 2” step. Got me to 4 and 1/4 clearance which is just about we’re the yoshi was and i never bottomed out with that. Should be good to go. Thanx Seb. If you guys need parts made, Seb is top notch :D:D

#412 ·
Reactions: Smoker
#413 ·
:rock:

#414 ·
Epic ride yesterday :D:D

Reactions: 370steve and Casper
#415 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.