Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Leroy's XT500Retro - discussion thread

4K views 60 replies 8 participants last post by  Leroy 
#1 ·
For thoughts, progress and everything else here is the place!

#8 ·
Good to see this in the Winter build section Leroy :). Nice work on the undertail I like tha curve cutout for the muffler nice attention to detail mate .Als o the paint looks real good in your pics there well done ,that's something I always mess up :( .

Happy nu year to you as well matey .

#16 ·
Leroy.
I once had an 81 XT 500. Still have some parts left over, if you run into something you cannot find.
Parts (What I can think of right now)
1.) Complete front end & wheel
2.) Exhaust from Motor to end can.
3.) Stock air-box & battery tray.

I know shipping to Greece would be $$$ but if ya can find this stuff it's yours for price of shipping.

Beez.

#24 ·
are the spokes not long enough to shift the rim over to where you need it? Of course, you've alreayd swapped it over so it'd be a bunch of work.

#26 ·
If there's a next time... you could most likely have adjusted the spokes in order to move the rim over in relation to the hub. No new parts required.

#28 ·
Yes. You loosen the spokes that go from the side of the hub you want to move it away from, and then tighten the spokes on the side you want to move it to.

Of course you can only go so far before you run out of how much spoke is in the nipple (on the side you loosen) or having it stick out through the nipple (and have to grind it down or risk damaging your tubes), but you can adjust it some.

Reactions: tldave
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.