I was originally going to use the crankcases from the stock motor and transfer the bored out cylinders as the cases on the bored out one have the lower rear mount broken. That is until I realized the cylinders are part of the upper case, so now I'll just have to find a way to repair it. I'm also going to get the crank lightened and balanced by APE so I pulled the crank out ready to ship out. They did the crank for my GSXR750 track bike and shaved off 2.5lbs which made a huge difference. As this engine will now be more about sports than tourer losing a few pounds will be an advantage.
Wheels have arrived in the shape of a '13 CBR1000RR front wheel ($200) and a wheel from a Nissan Kicks for the rear ($170). The front will need some repair to some rash on the lip and I'll need a 1" spacer to mount the rear wheel. I also ordered a CBR11xx fuel tank but it doesn't look like it will work with the 900RR frame. I'll have to do a bit more research to find what others might have used. The 900RR tank won't fit the fuel pump but maybe I can use an external pump if the pressure is high enough or cut the flange out of the 11 tank and weld it into the 900's.