Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Crowbars "Nail Bat" build

16K views 13 replies 1 participant last post by  crowbar 
#1 ·
Well it begins, I really had not done much to the bike at this point. The only upgrades it has at the moment are a K and N air filter, 1 tooth down sprocket. The fender elimantor and vinyal wont matter as there are both getting taken off. The only parts I have that I am starting with are a pair of 04 636 forks and calipers and lines that cost me $200. I have never done ANYTHING like this so Im nervous, real nervous but it will be fun.

See less See more
#5 ·
New rotors!!! off a zx14r

say hello to my new exhaust. Im not an expert with this type of thing but im trying to quiet down my mufflerless system now. I just need to pick up a little 4 stroke packing to wrap around the end of these. took me around 1.5 hours each to do. hope they work.

YES I KNOW THEY ARE UGLY But as long as they function some what like a baffle it wont matter. they arent seen anyway

#6 ·
got my new ZX10R wheels And spent about an hour inking the sidewall letters. Hooked up my ZX14R rotors for some better stopping power. and followed it up with a 520 sprocket and chain. -1 in the front +5 in the back. and my friend dan made me the rear spacers for the back wheel and my caliper spacers for the 10mm jump in my front brakes. Could not have done it without you Dan, much love bro.

#7 ·
Did some more work today, starting to look like a motorcycle again. Remember some things aren't done yet, so don't mind the chain or the loose caliper bolts etc.

I am going to do a write up on how to put ZX10R rearsets on a Z1000. This is a quick pic, I will have the full write up next monday. These are attack ZX10R rearsets. Maybe it will be worth of a sticky in the DIY section :D

#8 ·
Doing a little more. Got my zx9r header on, new 636 rear shock (forgot to take a pic) and new zx10r rear sets. So lots of drilling, tapping and grinding.

cutting down my new bolts to mount up my new monster 320mm ZX14R rotors.

My test fit for the new damper. I need to order a new clamp as this one was set up for the Z1000 and I have a 636 front end now...

I love this pic

front pic

The next few pics are for swapping the rear shock out with a 636 (taking weight off the back)

GONE!

and after lots of metal dust

shaved down 2mm or so...

old, big, and ugly

new and sexy, I have a write up coming for complete both sides soon guys, promise.

#9 ·
Got my front sprocket on today, cut the rear tabs off and did a shit ton of other stuff.

Getting my new rearsets set up ZX10R bitches!!!!

Getting that front sprocket off was a fucking nightmare...

really not the best way too take off a chain but, oh well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.