Eeeeeeeeee FE

70K views 778 replies 34 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
watch this space :)

#144 ·
wait, they gave you a tracking number and then cancelled the order? wtf

Reactions: 370steve
#146 ·
I have been in contact with HPS about a set of BST wheels to fit the not quite stock set up i am after, i am looking for stock CBR1000RR 10-16 front fitment (cant see that being a problem)

but need a TL1000R/Hyabusa rear with -10mm sprocket off set, HSP said that BST dont do custom set up, so would need to find a stock fitment wheel (i have sent E-mail to BST)

They quickly slipped in that they are doing 10% discount on Dymag all this month, and they will do a custom set up for me!

not sure i like the Dymag, looks "heavy" when viewed alongside the BST wheels!!

#148 ·
if i could get to see the BSD sprocket carrier i would be able to have an idea of if it was going to be feasable to mod it, but i am with you on not wanting to fork out that sort of money on a chance!!
i will wait till i get any reply from BSD

#149 ·
Right, as i seem to be going round and round with BST and HPS!!!!* could i ask anyone who has any sort of Suzuki with a 6" rear rim (GSXR, Hyabusa, etc, etc) that takes a 28mm wheel spindle to measure the sprocket and disc*off sets please.

anyone with photos of BST wheel sprocket carriers?

does anyone know of any published lists on the web of suzuki wheel dimentions? bit like the ones for forks?

#150 ·
I know my Carrozzerias, for 01-05 600/750 and all SV1000, are 6" rear and I believe the 600/750 puts the chain closer to centerline than the 1000... but I could be wrong.

I bet BST makes a 6" rear to fit the 600/750.

Reactions: 370steve
#151 ·
yes mate they make a few from 5" through to 6.5"

but nowhere do they tell what the sprocket offset is, every thing else will be standard

ie - 6" rim, 28mm spindle bearing, stock disc off set, but as i am not wanting to fit it to a Busa with stock sprocket off set i need to know what stock is, so i can deside wether to go ahead with BSD rear or get a Dymag five spoke :D

#152 ·
What measurements do you need? I can probably measure something on my wheels. You need sprocket offset from the swingarm, or what?

#154 ·
right, i have been sat thinking about it and it is workable, with a sprocket adapter ring and a custom sprocket i can reduce the hyabusa stock sprocket offset of 118mm down to the 112mm offset i require, will mean a bit of sketching, measuring, talking to Taff, bit of trial and error, but in my warped mind it is a go er

#155 ·
Just had reply to my latest e-mail to Ben at HPS, he has answered my questions this time, sent me a Pdf of the wheel dimentions of the Hyabusa Gen 1, and said i can order a miss match "pair" of wheels.

sprocket off set looks to be spot on for my fitment.

So BST five spoke carbons look to be a go.

#156 ·
Have had a great chat with Mick Gardner Racing, and looks like they will have no probs making me a Bespoke Ohlins

rear shock.

I could just get a CB1000R shock off the shelf, but i am wanting the piggy back gas res with hi/low comp damping, length adjustable and different

top/bottom mountings.

should look something like this (but with extras)

Attachments

#160 ·
whilst at Stu's getting the GS dyno'd, i remembered he still had my ********, he has re cut the valve seats and lapped the valves in.

so head is ready to go onto the bandit lump, going into the EFE. still need some cams, but will probably go for some after market ones, Kent, Yoshi etc etc

just need to pay Stu for the work haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.