Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #31
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:01 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Is this boring yet? Hope not.

Making a change in the driveline, making it easier to keep the motor mounted how I want it, while also making the aesthetics a bit smoother. I realize that smoother looks is relative for a bike being powered by a tractor engine....

Ok, so I'm saying fuckit to the gearbox, torque converter, and chain drive. I'm gonna run a Noram 1800 centrifugal clutch with dual belts, and switching to shaft drive. This way I can keep everything inline, I can hang a shroud over the belts, and the bike has less visually moving parts.

If I don't like the engagement of the centrifugal, doesn't run the bike how I want at lower speeds, then I may switch out to a torque converter later. Not a big deal to leave myself some extra room to make the change later.

Shaft drive gives me a 3.18:1 rear gearing. With a 1:1 pulley ratio at 3800 rpm I'd be flying at 90. I suspect I'm gonna dial back to a 5.07inch pulley on the drive shaft with the 4 inch option on the clutch. This would take me down to 3000rpm output rpm, or down to about 70mph max. Plenty of speed for this thing, less work on the motor.

Picking up motor tomorrow, and hopefully the girder on Monday. Pics soon!
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!