Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #108
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Doomed to Fail: The SteamRat Build!

Ok. So my progress isn't near what I hoped it would be. Went out to Rat's again, came home with another bin of parts. Whole load of shocks, couple sets of gauges, set of handlebars, full set of front brakes, rear fender.

Played around a little to see what was gonna work. Fender is good, but may required some trimming, depending on swingarm movement. In the pics, the fender isn't bolted on, but the holes are lined up for mounting. Prolly just need to trim the inch or so where it tapers at the front end and it'll be golden.

Tried installing the brakes, just to find the same problem I had with the brakes from the yard.
As I mentioned before, I pulled the wheel and brakes from a leading axle set of forks, these forks I'm using are bottom mount. Rat has the right set of brakes, just needs to dig them out. No big deal. I'm having fun looking things up with the parts I'm using lol.

None of the shocks will work, sadly. As you can see in the pics, this things got hella fender gap, damn near at stock height. I want it to sit much lower, both loaded and unloaded.

I sat on the bike, held the bars roughly where they would be mounted to the GS triple, they're wide enough, but I'll have to get a couple risers to bring them up and back a little.

For the gauges, I'm gonna be breaking down both of these sets. I'm gonna use the Honda tach with the GS speedo. I was debating maybe just using both GS gauges, but I wasn't intending on hooking up any kind of fuel level sender. Trying to keep all electrics to a minimum since at this time I'm running it off a battery pack. I'd run the full Honda set, but the Honda speedo has the odo external. It could be removed, but not sure if I want to be without an odo. On the other hand....It's a rat bike. If I need to know how many miles I've gone, I can set my phone to track my locations. Now that I think about it......why the fuck I need a mileage counter anyway?

Still need to order my steering bearings lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-17 13.43.33.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	97794   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-17 13.43.55.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	97802   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-17 13.44.27.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	97810   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-17 13.44.33.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	97818   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-16 22.03.19.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	97826  

Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!