Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Frame/Swing arm fabricator, recommendations? (UK)
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2020, 08:48 AM   #1
JoeySoap
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 09:54 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
JoeySoap is a NOOB
Question Frame/Swing arm fabricator, recommendations? (UK)

As per the title, I am looking for recommendations for a one off frame/swing arm fabricator in the UK. Essentially, I am building a "blast from the blast" 70's/80's style twin shock bike but with modern geometry. I have a lot of the cycle parts now and I am actively looking for an air cooled/carb'd Kawa Z750 engine donor bike for the engine and 'lectrics. 90's to 00's era. I have a couple of candidates to look at with a view to buy.

So - I need someone who can fabricate me a frame + swing arm in the style of the Rickman CR from the late 70's early 80's. I have Marzocchi Forks in custom Yokes, Brembo Brakes + Discs, Replica Reickman CR body work, NJB Girling style twin shocks etc....

Ideally -
Someone in the North West of England or North midlands area
Someone with a track record of one off custom builds in chrome-moly tube
Someone who understands the concept of traditional twin shock styling but with modern geometry (thinking like Buell X1 or very similar set up)
Preferably bronze welded as per the old Rickmans but not 100% essential
Preferably not VAT registered, LOL! (20% saving!)

Look forward to your ideas.

Cheers.

JS.

PS - There might just be a picture of a real Rickman CR here to drool over if I did it correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RICKMAN CR900.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	107786  
JoeySoap is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!