Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #432
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Would be fun to see some scenery photos from these trail adventures of yours, especially considering where you live.
I'm trying to do better about this. Not that I'm anything special to watch, but if it inspires someone to ride dirt it'd be worth it. I have a camera coming. Just a point and shoot that ,but it does do video, too . Nothing I'll ever bar mount for ride-a-long footage, but hope I can get some decent stills. I really worry about a camera getting squashed if I go down, but I'll come up with some sort of crash-proof thingy to carry it in that gives me quick access. So I still don't have many "ride" pics, just a few when we were stopped.

Impromptu trip happened this morning. Rolled out of the garage with the mighty XR at 7:30 to meet up with some guys at a store an hour away. From there we rode another hour to get to this Jeep Trail. Hard rain was supposed to be here around noon.

I'm always bored with public trails. They always end up just being dirt roads, but I never pass up a chance to meet up with the guys and ride. One of these fellas I invited from another forum. Super glad he made the trip today. He had to ride two hours in the wrong direction to go get his WR250R , then double back those 2hrs + 1 more hour to meet up with us. Dude really wanted to ride!

Red in a sea of blue.

And just a plain ol sea of ugly. But all smiles after finishing the trail.

Took us a little over an hour to finish that 7 mile trail, no breaks. I was dying to turn around and ride back out the way we came, but the old farts were tired and just wanted to head home. It didn't feel like we rode an hour. It felt like 5 minutes to me.

Pretty sure my Skully patch on my pack played a big part in my success.

Wifey poo loves this one

Here's the total amount of mileage covered today and how much fuel I burned. The WR's were all running out of gas around the 90 miles mark. I hit reserve pulling up to the filling station. $6 worth of fun? Hell yeah, it was.

I have no idea how this bike does so much work on so little fuel. I guess when you gotz the torks and can just idle everywhere you don't burn much

CRF450L? Who needs it. Long live the XR4.

shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!