Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - The Headlight Thread
View Single Post
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #8
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:39 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: The Headlight Thread

I once looked into modifying car projectors and stumbled upon three problems. The first one was I need e-approved lights, and car lights are approved as a package so the e-marking is in the outer glass not on the projector itself. The second issue was projectors housed inside a bigger light fixture, once removed, are not even remotely weatherprood by themselves so you'd have to fabricate some sort of a housing to fit them into (yan?) The third one is a (xenon) projector that has both dipped and main beam usually has either a mechanism that moves the bulb forward, or a flippable "shroud" to cover part of the beam when low beams are selected. This makes the whole projector body about as long as a single use anti-tank bazooka so they're not exactly easy to fit onto the front of a motorbike.

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!