Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

what do u think of my project Jaybuilt XJ500T

143K views 555 replies 131 participants last post by  SupermotoLex 
#1 · (Edited)
THE MOTOR IS A 500 cc KAWASAKI TRIPLE .THE FRONT AND REAR ARE ZX9 AND THE REST IS JAYBUILT .THE FRAME IS 1.250 MOLY THIN WALL AND WITH THE ALUM MOTOR /SWINGARM CONECTOR ATTACHED IT WEIGHTS 22 POUNDS. THE BIKE AS IT SITS IS 310POUNDS . ONE THING THAT WAS IMPORTANT WAS THAT IT HAS A VARY LOW PART COUNT .I BUILT A MOTOR STAND THAT HOLDS THE ENGINE WITH 1 BOLT AND SLIDES UNDER THE BIKE YOU REMOVE THE 2 BOLTS FROM TANK ,THE FUEL LINE ,THE CHAIN, 4 MOTOR BOLTS, THE EXAUST BOLTS ,SLIDE THROTLE AND CLUTCH OFF UNPLUG HARNESS AND PULL BIKE AWAY IT TAKES ABOUT 30 MIN TO SWAP THE ENGINE FROM A 500 TO A750 OR WHATEVER. THE MOTOR STAND ALSO CAN HOLD ALL THE IGN COMPONENTS SO YOU CAN RUN THE ENGINE ON THE STAND . YOU CAN DO A COMPLEET REBUILD ON THE STAND AS WELL.THE BIKE CAN BE COMPLEETLY APART IN 1 HR AND THEIR IS MABY 20 BOLTS TOTAL .I USE A GOKART FUEL PUMP that WORKS OFF IMPULCE FROM CRANK CASE. I HAVE A FUEL SPONGE IN TANK SO IT DOSENT SLOSH .THE THING IS ABOUT AS EASY TO RIDE FAST AS YOU CAN IMAGIN. YOU FEAL TOTALY IN CONTROL .IT JUST DOES WHAT YOU WANT IT TOO .

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: what do u think of my project

SICK!
But...Where's the gas tank? and doesn't that fake tank you're leaning over get a little hot?
I think the gas tank is in the belly pan!!

Reactions: jaybuilt
#10 ·

fuckin badass man

Reactions: ROBBO and jaybuilt
#13 ·

A very nice looking machine! Routing the exhaust upward is an interesting idea, I've toyed around with that before. It would theoretically let you mount your weight a little lower down since you wouldn't have to clear exhaust pipes. It looks like you had to run those pipes pretty far, did that affect performance at all?

#15 ·

now you better keep us updated on your build or there will be hell to pay

#22 ·

its stupid, very run of the mill is see stuff like that all the time every day.
oh did i mention i live on planet AWESOMENESS.:D

DUDE that thing is ultra bad. very original.:rock:

#29 ·

its stupid, very run of the mill is see stuff like that all the time every day.
oh did i mention i live on planet AWESOMENESS.:D

DUDE that thing is ultra bad. very original.:rock:
dude i was so totally gonna say something just like that and you beat me to it. way to ruin my day. just take everything away from me that makes my miserable pathetic life some what enjoyable and piss it away. i hope you feal better about your self. fuckin people on this stupid fuckin forum............... HA HA:rotfl::rotfl::muah: i'm just fuckin with u dude. Anyway, that bike is bad ass, super sexy, and i love it naked on the mouth. thats gotta be one of the most unique builds i' ve seen on here. actually i dont think anyones done anything close to it. i'm curious to see what else you can do.

#27 ·

That thing is soo individual i love it, iv'e been waiting for something different and this is it, do some more and post more pics, it's ace.