Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

The Unforgotten

14K views 135 replies 17 participants last post by  MDM 
#1 ·
It was probably forgotten about by everyone except me. It's been lurking in A Shed for years, but I picked it up on a 300 mile round trip and it's now in the New Garage.

Hoping that this'll be a (relatively) cheap bike to finish and a (relatively) quick build... Ha! Who am I fooling?...

See less See more
#6 ·
Astoundingly, as well as looking at the other projects (well, looking at is about as much as I've done) I've also looked at this one.
Took the covers off, realised that it sat too low at the rear end, and sussed that it needs shorter dog bone linkages for the shock...
(and yes, that top pic is bloody rubbish, my phone battery was almost flat and it was copping the hump...)

Attachments

#7 ·
why shorter dogbones rather than shimming the top?

#17 ·
Initially, I had intended to fit fuel injection on this bike, but in order to make it a quicker project I'm reverting to carbs, and the fuel injection will be tucked away in a Safe Place, to be brought out and fitted when I have time / inclination.
The FI had loads of space around the throttle bodies...

Attachments

#20 ·
I'm still rooting out all the bits that I'm going to use from random boxes / shelves / cupboards / filing cabinets (I seem to have stashed stuff anywhere and everywhere), and upon finding this Ducati rear brake master cylinder I decided to see if I could make use of it. I like the alternative layout and it'll help me to retain more space between the sidepanels for Other Stuff...
This is just mocked up in place, as I need the M10 bosses that I've ordered of the interwebs.

Attachments

#21 ·
The rear master cylinder mounting bracket also needs machining so that it sits parallel to the frame rail. I was going to get it properly done with a clever person with a milling machine, but I'll go old skool and do it myself with grinder / hacksaw / file (and get it all wonky in the process).

Attachments