Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Eeeeeeeeee FE

70K views 778 replies 34 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
watch this space :)

#8 ·
have started looking for more modern suspension, i like the look of either a TL1000R or Busa swing arm, will have to do some measuring and sums when i get my hands on the bike, stock swing arm looks quite long, so the two i like the look of might be too short........................................onwards :)

#12 ·
have today purchased a TL1000R swing arm assembly, should have a setup just like the hornet, so no real problems with adding shock.
looks like i should be able to use Ducati, honda or some Suzuki shocks, will just need re springing from what i can find out on the net.

#13 ·
All being well, and weather permitting, i will be picking up the EFE frame and TL swing arm ( Ash, the gent, has picked it up for me many thanks) somewhere in a car park on the M62 this afternoon!
have been digging in corners of the shed for things to throw at it once the build starts.

things i have found so far.......

Busa wheel and modified sprocket carrier ( was fitted to GS )

GSX1400 rear caliper, TLR caliper hanger, rear disc

Nissin rear Master cylinder, front wheel (was fitted to GS )

Racefit legend exhaust can and link pipe ( will be coming off GS )

B12 coils,

so got some of what i need before we go any further.

#19 ·
cleaned up and examined the TL swing arm, has been run with a very loose chain and damaged chain runner rubber,* chain has made contact with the support and spindle/bearing housing!! bike has been decked at some point in its life and got gravel rash to support on one side too.

should be able to get the damage welded and cleaned up.

found a set of crash protectors/paddock stand lifters, also dug out the Yoshi chain adjuster blocks i had. GSX1400 wheel spindle was used just for pic, but i have

a TL wheel spindle on its way.*

measured swing arm space in frame, 22.5cm, swing arm at spindle end = 23cm, so not going to be any problem getting the two bits to mate up
measured swing arms between spindles EFE = 22.5in, TL = 20.5in so not as big a difference as i first thought.

#22 ·
phoned DVLA this afternoon for a laugh, was told that i need the following forms/documents

to get a registration

1) V55/5 registration application document............easy

2) copy of my driving licence (identity)...........easy

3) £55 registration fee............sorted

4) french*log book............got

and an MOT *...............FFS!!!!!!!!

haha there is always a hoop to jump through, so i will find an engine to fit, then "daylight" MOT, with no lights, no speedo, no nothing that isnt needed lol

see how that goes down.

#23 ·
have now got a proper TLR wheel spindle, also purchased a GSX1100 swing arm spindle, and have been given a side stand, so might be able

to have a play with swing arm and wheel fitment when the swing arm spindle arrives.*

#27 ·
Had a play around with fitting the swing arm and wheel to get a feel for how it is likely to look.

seems that with the wheel ruffly placed centrally, the sprocket has lots of room for chain to frame clearance.

might have to put some fillets into the sub frame down tubes for swing arm clearance, but not a big deal.

think somewhere between these two should work.

#28 ·
as of this moment, I am looking to do the following to the bike as and when i have time/cash/motivation/energy/friends/luck/................

1) nice shock unit (with hydraulic preload/length adjustment)

2) CBR1000RR front end

3) brace frame

4) full motogadget fitment

5) racefit Legends system and twin fuel filler

6) Bandit 12 motor

7) RS38 carbs

8) Special 1 off paint.....................

thats enough day dreaming for now, promised my girlfriend that it was going to be a slow gathering of bits, for a slow build to start in two years, when i retire

from work (for the second time!!! )

#31 ·
I know you will make this as awesome as your others. I love me some EFE.
This just came up for $600 on the local Craigslist and I am having an internal debate get/not get it.
Absolutely don’t need, but want.
I know this isn’t the place for an objective opinion.

Attachments

#33 ·
You spooked me into calling back right then.
Well, I should have jumped when I first called, the ad had only been up 4 hours at the time. It is gone now.
I couldn’t get to it on Friday, had to see if it was still there today.
Story of my life.
There was an 83’ 1100e advertised as part of an estate sale one week. Apparently, it didn’t sell and the next week it was up as free if it was picked up that day. Nice bike, low miles, parked four years.
I was three hours away and he wouldn’t hold it for me for more than an hour, first come first serve.
It was gone by noon, of course.

Glad you got yours in your hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.