Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz Discussion

22K views 176 replies 19 participants last post by  370steve 
#1 ·
JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz

I'm sure I'll mess up along the way at some point so why not point it out and make me look like an idiot (this is my first custom bike afterall) :fu: :party-smiley:

#112 ·
Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz

Well I'm not happy with the work done by firefox racing in Keighley but more so the price of it!
Poor communication lets reword that.. I got a response to 2 emails which I sent to them out of 4/5 emails, which told me to phone them!
No updates with the job or news on any delays. Basically they didn't want to put anything into writing and only wanted to talk on the phone

They told me that they were making a >>new linkage<< for my bike as I needed bearings adding to it.

Turns out they took my linkage triangles (thanks cookie for those).
Chopped off one corner and welded it up with what I assume is a tube with 2 bearings inside.

So it looks like this (the black piece) which has being spray painted.

The cost of this, £200 /220€ / 250$ usd which I agreed to as I were told they were making a new linkage, not cutting up my triangles!

I was told on the phone that the shock only cost £270 on the works sheet it's listed as £340
At least it's what I wanted.

The spacers and labour cost was at £40 per hour which is what I expected with a 3 and a half hour charge which
I think is fair but also a piss take considering they had the bike 11 WEEKS for a job which was quoted for 3 weeks.

Any how, on to the better things, the bike is now looking looking great.
uhhh after I put the body work on.

Oh and finally me making the bike look small.

Going to wait until I pick up the bike from zorstec and then contact firebox as they have also kept my cbr125's rear shock

BONUS SHOT

#115 ·

Happy to see the good progress and smile on your face! :knucks:
It's about the only time I've actually smiled in quite a long while. Can't wait to I get it done so I can start to ride it but I think I'll be some point next year.

Current list of things to do.

Rear caliper/hose/master cylinder
Rear indicator mounts
Seat lock mount key delete
Footpeg, indicators bolts as well as anything I can remember Need to find sizes and length
Bullet connectors for indicators
Drill holes for dzus nuts
Osram headlight
Mount the reg/rec
wire up clocks

outsourcing

Lockstops
Mounting and hoses for the oil cooler
Offset sprocket measurement
Brackets for clocks

#128 ·

I've just had a call from Zorstec, I need to go down and re-explain what i'm waiting on Friday 25th -
I have asked if it's possible to do it whilst I wait and I got told no as there is now more bikes in front of the queue of mine???

#130 ·

take your bike away, tell them to stick it up their chuff
If I knew somewhere else I could take it I'd consider it. As things are currently standing I haven't even got anywhere to store my bike at the moment as half of my things are in 2 fully packed storage containers.

#132 ·

Wow 2 years to the day!

Went down to Zorstec today (approx 60 miles of solid motorway spray/pissing rain isn't fun) , we've managed to talk about things and then the angle grinder has come out. I'll probably have to go down again next week but we're going to be working as close as possible together with it to get her perfect, the lines are going to be tight to the body work and the underseat storage even tighter! Up UP UP and away lets hope things start to come together soon.

I would love to have her finished by the end of March 2020!

#135 ·
Had to chase them up again and ask for photos once again.

Happy with the way it's come out, but apparently they now need to; remove the rear wheel to remove the exhaust, to then weld up the system as it's only tacked up at the moment... Collecting her on Friday

Hopefully she'll be done by the end of March, so I can take her upto Shetland with me for 3 months, have to wait and see.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.