if its free.. .. it me. the revival of a 93zed six c - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > if its free.. .. it me. the revival of a 93zed six c

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict
Rob_0t's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:52 AM
Flip Offs: 40
Flipped Off 35 Times in 27 Posts
Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default if its free.. .. it me. the revival of a 93 zx600c ....

ell heres my build thred. Im not held accountable for bad grammar or creative spelling.

Itbwas dropped and put away. Given to washtenaw community college bike program as a project where it sat for awhile. My friend burke was then given this bike by his instructor... and finally given to me.

Here she his as i recieved it.

All he knew was the brakes werk and it has new tires. So being a new free project job 1 was getting to crank. Check spark/ compression and clean carbs and see if itll live before anything else happens... if it didnt run ida parted it down and bought a roller of a larger frame bike.

Well lets see what the fuck were werkin with

Carbs are off plugs look fair ,oil doesnt smell of gas , got compression and spark. So i look throo the wire harness.

Kill3rBaconRacing

Undead zed biggity build thred ( zx600c )
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=1#post1137667
Rob_0t is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict
Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Rob_0t is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: if its free.. .. it me. the revival of a 93zed six c

I clean thatbup a bit stick it back together and get to the carbs... and as always almost every slide cap and bowl screw are fucked. But i prevail with a mans grip and a pair of regular house pliers.

Got em all clenaed up and in good working order . Time to light this firecracker. Got no keys so gas tank is useless and i got a toggle switch ign . First clip is its actuall first start only money spent was on carb cleaner up to this point. .. battery is borrowed for this test.

Clicky..... note is a lil noisy since the emissions tubes are off

This clip i hooked up em and decided to let it go throo a heat cycle and see if gauges and fans operate. It is not jetted for no air box and lackes the plenum vaccum to draw fuel above 6k revs or so... butt this clip is proof of theory and allowed me to start puttin a lil dough in this thing

Clicky

Kill3rBaconRacing

This user High Fived Rob_0t!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict

So in my searches to stretch the wheelbase a lilbit and swinger swap info i got a 98 zx6r swingarm for 35$ shipped. Got a 02 zx6r wheel,fresh tire, rotor and cush for 130 shipped. 35 more for caliper and bracket.

Here we go.

Kill3rBaconRacing

These people High Fived Rob_0t!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict

New swinger is 2" longer from pivot center to axle center at the middle of adjustment travel. Im very happy with that..

Idea 1. Full saddle with what will be a small tail. Stock sub with 2 diagonals in to make it look trellaced ( electrical tapes for visual aid.)

Here youll see theres 2 coilovers hidden in there. Im lopping all the monoshock and centerstand shit off. Secondly i notice alot of folks just relocating the mono to the top.. thats just simply an incorrect use of the mono's spring rates and valving vs stroke vs effective operating ranges. Sorry you just can get around that.
So instead i got a set of leftover c'overs from my thundercat1000 longtravel conversion i did. They are sprung and valved as a pair to hold and control round 450 lbs over a larger stroke i.e. should ride nice in its full travel.

Kill3rBaconRacing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict

That brings us to option 2 just everysingle other c series owner has..... bob the fucker. But do it a lil bit diff and maybe a tad nicer . Obviously new sub to be made to accomodate.. seat will be stretched 2" as well. Im a tall an heavy fella so im tailoring it a bit. ...

Needs early 636 tire hugger. Stock but modified belly pan. Buell round headlampand windscreen. Oh and update the front end a lil bit.

Kill3rBaconRacing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Pug
Pic addict
CF Addict
Pug's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Flip Offs: 17
Flipped Off 18 Times in 14 Posts
Pug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good. Like the twin inboard shock idea. Subbed.

"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons, the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas"
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict

Ive ordered 95 zx6e 41mm forks n triples with axle, spacers and speedo drive for 88$ shipped . And since front wheels are like fucking gold. I have been heart broken at how much a front wheel/rotors/tire will cost me..... then in a random search the other day.... i find a 95 zx6e front. Complete. No reserve. 41$ shipped.

Clearly the tire is shit but its good for rollin during mockup.

Now strip her down nekkid and get ready for some cuttin and weldin.

I juat dunno what to do about a tank. Mines rusted throo and i got mad and hit it with a hammer when i saw the leak .... so. Theres 3 tanks on all of fucking ebay.. all are guna run round 300$ to my door. So do i single backbone it and open myself to much wider variety of tank? But i need something thattl allow me to at least make the stock saddle jive with it and have no less than 3 gall capacity...

And here i am with tracking info for my front end.. and noone is working at the computer that updates the infos.

Kill3rBaconRacing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict

Just recieved clutch cable. Shifter. ....... stupid usps suckin ass at letting me know where my forks are :l

Kill3rBaconRacing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

nice start to what should be a nice bike. good luck and keep the pictures coming

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
Rob_0t
Hard Core Sledder
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by piester View Post
nice start to what should be a nice bike. good luck and keep the pictures coming

Thanks for the words.guys. im only halfway throo the parts gathering process.ugh. .notyer week or so i should have the frame fab dealt with. Unless i endup single back bonin it.

Kill3rBaconRacing

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes